Sexual harassment is a form of discrimination, it can be extremely damaging to an both the individual(s) and a company. Even though men are stereotyped to be more of the harassers, and women the victims; in documented cases it is actually about equal. Studies have...
Sexual harassment is a form of discrimination, it can be extremely damaging to an both the individual(s) and a company. Even though men are stereotyped to be more of the harassers, and women the victims; in documented cases it is actually about equal. Studies have shown that Harassment can make a workplace very hostile and costs companies hundreds of millions of dollars every year in punitive damages if situations are not resolved immediately. Employers are encouraged to provide comprehensive sexual harassment training materials to all employees, at every level of employment, to ensure a harassment-free workplace. The training provides information on harassment prevention practices, no tolerance policies, and investigations for employees of all levels. "Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. They should clearly communicate to employees that sexual harassment will not be tolerated." The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Related training topics that will work in conjunction with our Sexual Harassment Training: Workplace Harassment Training, Policy and Practice Training, Conflict Resolution, Workplace Violence Training
OSHA's Position On Sexual Harassment Training
Discrimination, in the form of sexual harassment, can be exhibited in many ways. However, the ultimate effect is disruptive and damaging to both the individuals in the workplace and the company, itself. There are a lot of opinions and misconceptions regarding sexual harassment, and this makes sexual harassment training an extremely important part of the employer’s responsibility. The concepts surrounding sexual harassment are also important to understand from a legal perspective, since there are laws that govern this type of behavior. As a result, companies end up paying legal costs and restitution fees that add up to hundreds of millions of dollars annually. Much of this can be avoided by providing the proper training so that this type of discrimination can be identified, confronted and/or reported. OSHA is currently considering policies regarding how to deal with sexual harassment (OSHA study and recommendations) and one can expect a number of subsequent regulations that will work concurrently with existing federal laws. The training that we offer is designed to address sexual harassment in an easy to understand and highly instructive format. The topics covered include:
- Identifying Sexual Harassment
- Violations - Intent vs. Misunderstanding
- Inappropriate behavior
- Employee/employer rights and responsibilities
- How to report Sexual Harassment
- Investigating Sexual Harassment claims
- Other pertinent HR Sexual Harassment issues.
It is widely acknowledged that the best way to deal with sexual harassment is through prevention. By stressing a “no tolerance” policy and providing the proper comprehensive training, the damaging effects of sexual harassment in the workplace can be avoided.
To obtain these high quality sexual harassment prevention training videos and supplies, all you need to do is to look over our selection of training tools, select the item(s) that you’ll need and then place your order. It’s that simple! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Sexual Harassment for Employees Safety Training ProgramSexual Harassment is unfortunate for any employee to deal with in the workplace. Nobody wants to feel uncomfortable at work. With Atlantic Training’s premier safety video on ... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment for Managers Safety Training ProgramSexual harassment in the workplace environment is uncomfortable and uncalled for situation. It can happen with managers and supervisors as well as employees. With Atlantic Training... Learn More
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees Training Video ProgramSexual harassment can be devastating for its victims as well as for the companies they work for. It's also illegal. But the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission still receives m... Learn More
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers Training Video ProgramSexual harassment can be devastating for its victims as well as for the companies they work for. It's also illegal. But the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission still receives m... Learn More
- Handling a Sexual Harassment Investigation Training Video Programtraining products provide managers and supervisors with the information they need to identify sexual harassment in their departments, gather facts about an incident of harassment a... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment Training Video Program Set for Employee, Managers, & InvestigationsComplete 3 part series on Sexual Harassment includes: - Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees - Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers and Supervisors - ... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment - What Employees Need To Know (Long Version) Training VideoSexual Harassment - What Employees Need to Know program defines sexual harassment, provides tips on how to recognize sexually harassing behavior and what to do if you are a victim.... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment Training Package for Employee, Managers, & InvestigationsComplete 3 part series on Sexual Harassment. Includes: - Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees Video - Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers and Supervisors Video ... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment You Make the Call for Office Training Video Program
- Sexual Harassment New Perspectives White Collar Training Video Program
- Sexual Harassment You Make the Call for Manufacturing Training Video Program
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Video ProgramHelps employees and supervisors learn how to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace.... Learn More