Driving Safety Training
As of May 2010, there are 250 million registered drivers in the united sates. According to the US Census Bureau in 2007 there was 10.6 million accident occurred, which killed 37,000people, and injured 160 thousand people. The Census Bureau also states that 10.5 mi...
As of May 2010, there are 250 million registered drivers in the united sates. According to the US Census Bureau in 2007 there was 10.6 million accident occurred, which killed 37,000people, and injured 160 thousand people. The Census Bureau also states that 10.5 million of the registered drivers in the US are Occupational Drivers. Our "Driving Safety Video" training programs provide the information employees need to drive cars, vans and small trucks safely, both on and off the job. Topics covered in these products include: Inspecting the vehicle, Adjusting seats, mirrors and other equipment, Wearing seatbelts, Mental preparation and concentration, Creating a "safety cushion" around your vehicle and PPE, Passing another vehicle, Driving at night, Adverse weather conditions, skidding and hydroplaning, What to do in case of an accident, and more.
OSHA's Position On Driving Safety Training
According to United States Census Bureau, in 2009 there were 10.8 million motor vehicle accidents reported. Within that statistic, 39.9 thousand individuals were killed and over 2.3 million adult drivers and passengers were treated in emergency facilities. In 2005, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the lifetime costs for vehicle accident-related deaths and injuries totalled about $70 billion. The Department of Transportation (DOT), in conjunction with OSHA, has specific mandates for drivers when it comes to vehicle training requirements. But, making sure that your employees reach their intended destinations will be directly tied to how well they are able to safely navigate the road. This is true whether a driver is transporting passengers, delivering commodities or engaging in authorized business travel. In cases such as these, the most important aspects of driver safety can reviewed through training that uses the right resource materials. This is why we offer a selection of driver safety training programs. These programs include:
- Avoiding distractions that can interfere with driving
- Driving in adverse weather
- Defensive driving for large passenger vans and motorcoaches
- Vehicle inspection
- The importance of safety features such as seatbelts.
There are many situations in which operating a vehicle is part of the job. While training those who are tasked with operating an 18-wheeler, as an example, is an obvious expectation, attention should be also be given to other types of driving as well. Consider employees who are required to drive to different business locations or places where they may not be familiar with the terrain, driving conditions or address locations. For example, being distracted, while looking for an address, can result in an accident.
For ordering the driver safety training video that meets your organization’s needs, just select the product directly from this website. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Items 1-20 of 28
- Driving Safety: The Basics Safety Training Video ProgramDriving Safety: The Basics provide the information employees need to drive cars, vans and small trucks safely, both on and off the job.... Learn More
- Defensive Driving: Passenger, SUV's, and Small Trucks TrainingMost of us would like to believe we are above average drivers. The majority of drivers on the road never get past the basics. Anticipate potential hazards. Defensive driving involv... Learn More
- Defensive Driving Passenger SUVs and Small Trucks VideoThis safety video discusses blind spots, safe following distances and mirror adjustments. Included are reminders of railroad crossings, pedestrian courtesy and safety, vehicle cond... Learn More
- Winter Driving Safety short version training VideoWinter Driving Safety (Short Version) - In this short program, we'll take a look at winter driving and how to reduce driving accidents and injuries. Topics included in this safe... Learn More
- JJ Keller Distracted Driving Training Video ProgramDesigned to change distracted driving habits and help professional drivers deal with the dangerous habits of others... Learn More
- Defensive Driving for CMV Drivers Training Video ProgramOne-of-a-kind educational tool trains your drivers, then puts their skills to the test. This video-based training solution features a new, attention-getting format. The format was ... Learn More
- Defensive Driving for Light & Medium Duty Vehicles - Training Video Program
- Hours of Service Rules for Property-Carrying CMV Drivers - Training Video ProgramAddresses the current HOS rules and includes critical information regarding the ELD mandate and how HOS compliance impacts CSA scores.... Learn More
- Driving Techniques: Straight Truck Series Training Video ProgramThe Straight Truck Series is a collection of training programs which emphasize the essential skills necessary for staying safe on the road while operating a straight truck. This se... Learn More
- Defensive Driving for Light & Medium Duty Vehicles - Online Training
- Motorcoach Vehicle Inspection Training Video ProgramGet up-to-date vehicle inspection training specific to the motorcoach industry.... Learn More
- Motorcoach Defensive Driving Training Video ProgramThe Motorcoach Driver Training: Defensive Driving program covers: Seeing and being seen, which includes using visual scans to actively look for hazards.... Learn More
- Distracted Driving Safety Training Video Program Package
Items 1-20 of 28