Millions of employees have to deal with the elements of nature on a daily bases. Just like summer and its heat, winter whether adds its own share of risks. Employees must contend with blistering cold air, drive in increment whether, ice or snow, and wear layers of c...
Millions of employees have to deal with the elements of nature on a daily bases. Just like summer and its heat, winter whether adds its own share of risks. Employees must contend with blistering cold air, drive in increment whether, ice or snow, and wear layers of clothing that wouldnt normally be there. Many employers see a drop in employee attendance and a rise in employee accidents and illnesses during this time of the year. Our Winter and Cold Weather Safety Programs show employees how to plan ahead, look for potential hazards Winter Driving and avoid dangerous situations that occur during the winter holiday Driving Safety season. Topics covered in these products include: Surviving in the Cold, Driving in winter weather, Holiday decorations, Celebrating the season safely, and more.
Related training topics that will work well with our Winter Safety Training: Heat Stress, Emergency Plans, First Aid, Safety Posters
OSHA's Position On Winter Safety Training
One can’t underestimate the role of weather conditions when it comes to employee health and safety in the workplace. Each day, literally millions of employees need to contend with adverse conditions such as summertime heat and winter cold. However, besides presenting the possibility of bodily injury from extreme temperatures, winter weather elements also entail additional hazards such as; dangerous driving conditions, snow and ice slips plus a number of other harmful effects arising from the landscape changes brought about by the blistering cold. It’s also not uncommon to see attendance issues and an increase in illnesses reported during the winter months. These are some of the reasons why OSHA has taken the initiative to become involved with the problems that are related to cold weather (OSHA Cold Stress Equation).
In conjunction with OSHA’s cold weather information and recommendations, we present our Winter and Cold Weather Safety Programs, which are designed to assist employees when it comes to planning ahead for harmful cold weather-related issues. The topics that are covered by our training videos and tools include:
- Winter Driver Training for trucks, school buses and other work vehicles
- Cold weather vehicle modifications and inspections
- Avoiding Hypothermia and Frostbite
- Holiday Safety Training (Trees, ladders, electric displays, etc.)
- Cold Temperature Survival
- and other related topics
With the proper training and noting the potential for possible cold weather hazards, your employees can avoid the debilitating and injurious results of extreme cold, snow, plus ice and road conditions that affect many employees throughout the winter months.
We’d like you look over our high quality Winter Safety Training videos and supplies. Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. It’s really that simple! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Winter Weather: Employee Safety Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Winter Safety" review the hazards that winter can bring and discuss how to enjoy the season safely.... Learn More
- Winter Driving Safety short version training VideoWinter Driving Safety (Short Version) - In this short program, we'll take a look at winter driving and how to reduce driving accidents and injuries. Topics included in this safe... Learn More
- Safe Winter Driving Training Video ProgramThis program reviews special safety techniques to help employees overcome winter driving hazards. Keep your workers safe on the road this winter.... Learn More