Ergonomics has a very broad definition, but to sum it up, Ergonomics is the science in fitting workspace conditions to work demands. A successful fit increases productivity, avoids illness and injuries, and increases employee satisfaction in the workplace. One o...
Ergonomics has a very broad definition, but to sum it up, Ergonomics is the science in fitting workspace conditions to work demands. A successful fit increases productivity, avoids illness and injuries, and increases employee satisfaction in the workplace. One of the major risks avoided is Musculoskeletal Disorders. In recent years potential ergonomic problems have become a major concern in many business environments. Many facilities are now devoting significant time and effort to controlling the twisting, turning, stretching and other motions that places stress and/or strain on an employees' body. Our Ergonomic videos and training materials are designed for office, laboratory and industrial settings.
OSHA's Position On Ergonomics Safety Training
Ergonomics is a generalized definition that encompasses a wide range of employee safety practices. However, in a nutshell, ergonomics is defined as the bio-physics of creating or adapting a work environment to correctly meet the physical motion-related safety needs of its workers. This is designed to protect the body and to reduce the potential strains and injuries that are associated with that particular type of work. For example, designing an enclosed workspace that allows an employee to work without having to constantly twist their body from side to side will prevent strain and injury to the employee’s back muscles and skeletal structure over a period of time. In recent years, more attention is being paid to this concept and OSHA has made it one of their priorities (OSHA’s Ergonomics Enforcement Plan). In addition to compliance with OSHA regulations, the benefits achieved will include a significant decrease in time lost from the job and associated medical benefits that are paid by employers.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that in 2011, employee musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) that resulted in at least one day missed from work accounted for 33% of all workplace injuries. That represents an increase from 29% in 2010! In any case, it can easily be seen that injuries caused by repetitive motion, lifting and other ergonomic related activities account for a large percentage of serious work-related injuries.
The ergonomics training videos and other training tools, that we make available, cover subjects such as; proper lifting techniques, OSHA’s ergonomic guidelines, identifying ergonomic hazards, Industrial Ergonomics, Laboratory Ergonomics and Office Ergonomics.
Please look over our high quality Ergonomics Safety Videos and supplies. Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Industrial Ergonomics: Workplace Design and Safety Training VideoWhile there is no specific standard for ergonomic practices, the recordkeeping standard and the general duty clause do require all MSK related injuries to be addressed and recorded... Learn More
- Ergonomics in Industrial Facilities Training Video ProgramCovers: physiology of the body, parts of the body most effected, eye strain, pragmatic preventative measures, correct use of office equipment, exercises and stress release, & more.... Learn More
- Office Ergonomics Training Video ProgramCovers: Physiology of the body, parts of the body most affected, eye strain, pragmatic preventative measures, correct use of office equipment, exercises and stress release, & more.... Learn More
- Safe Lifting in Industrial Environments Training Video ProgramTopics covered in this course include: The mechanics of safe lifting in an industrial environment How to "listen" to your back Types of back injuries Preparing to lift someth... Learn More
- Laboratory Ergonomics Training Video ProgramCovers: Parts of the body most susceptible to ergonomic problems, arranging work areas to minimize stress and strain, working from "neutral" positions, most and least stressful typ... Learn More
- Ergonomics For The 21st Century Training VideoErgonomics For The 21st Century discusses ergonomic basics, why RSI occurred only recently, computer workstation, exercises, and safety programs.... Learn More
- Industrial Ergonomics Training Video ProgramThis Industrial Ergonomics Training Video encourages employees to have a positive attitude about safety as well as provides introductory safety training on some of the most common ... Learn More
- Office Ergonomics Training Video ProgramThis Office Ergonomics training video program on encourages employees to have a positive attitude about safety as well as provides introductory safety training on some of the most ... Learn More
- Ergonomics Solving The Puzzle Training Video ProgramA sound work environment means healthy employees and a more efficient workflow. This program explains how to integrate ergonomic principles into your workplace so that you can redu... Learn More