Back Safety Training
Four out of five people will experience some type of back problem during their lifetime. Many back injuries are caused by common activities experienced both on and off the job, such as lifting, climbing, and reaching. Unfortunately most people believe that back problems...
Four out of five people will experience some type of back problem during their lifetime. Many back injuries are caused by common activities experienced both on and off the job, such as lifting, climbing, and reaching. Unfortunately most people believe that back problems occur only to people with strenuous job such as construction, the truth is back injuries can occur simply because an individual bents over to pick something up, something simple like a pencil off the floor. When individuals think of lifting, they fail to realize that they lift their bodys weight every day with every movement. From a business standpoint, this could mean big money. Millions of dollars a year are spent on workman-comp cases due to back problems. Other consequences associated to back injuries are; productivity goes down, employee attendance drops, and possible job openings to fill. Training employees will not only save money on workman-comp, but also increase employee attendance, employee demeanors, and employee productivity.
These high-energy back-safety training programs cover proper lifting procedures and workplace scenarios.OSHA's Back Safety training programs emphasize the importance of overall back care, both at work and at home, including exercises, easy workplace stretches, and weight control. Topics covered in these products include: How the back works, Common types and causes of back injuries, Effects of back injuries, Injury prevention and safety practices, Proper back lifting techniques and many more.
OSHA's Position On Back Safety Training
According to statistics 80% of people will experience a variation of a back injury or other painful back issue during their life. While many may associate back injury with an obvious accident involving one’s back muscles or spine, the truth is that an alarming number of back injury situations are the result of improper lifting techniques and ergonomics! The main reason for this has to do with the fact that even bending down to pick up a small object involves lifting one’s body weight. Not doing this properly can result in an injury that can lead to lost time from work and lengthy medical rehabilitation.
These are some of the reasons why OSHA has emphasized back injury prevention training. As an employer, you can prevent a number of potential back injury situations by having your employees attend a back injury training seminar utilizing the exceptional high quality video programs that we offer. The topics presented include:
- How back physiology works
- Common back injuries
- Being aware of proper back ergonomics
- Proper patient lifting techniques (for medical facilities)
- Overall back safety techniques and practices
Our comprehensive video training programs feature additional training aids which can include; course handbooks, interactive CD-ROMs and other aids that make our training programs cost effective. This is especially true when considering the costs associated with on-the-job back injury. It’s also important to note that this type of training is applicable to all employees – from industrial workers in physical intensive job positions to employees who spend their workday sitting in front of a computer.
We make ordering our training materials easy to order. Just look over the selections and choose those that apply to your work environment(s). If you have any questions, please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- Back Safety in Industrial Environments Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Back Safety in Industrial Environments" discuss situations that can lead to back injuries and what employees can do to avoid them... both at work a... Learn More
- Back Safety in Office Environments Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Back Safety in Office Environments" discuss situations that can lead to back injuries and what employees can do to avoid them... both at work ... Learn More
- Lifting Safely in the Distribution Terminal Safety Training VideoThe variety of lifting tasks in the distribution industry require specific techniques to be accomplished safely. Provides an in-depth look at proper lifting techniques under diffic... Learn More
- Better Back, Better Health, Better Life Training VideoBack Safety... Learn More
- Back Safety Lift Well, Live Well Training Video Program
- Special Education: Ergonomics Saving Your Back Training Video ProgramThis program concentrates on effective ergonomics to ensure daily physical and physiological activities don't exceed caregiver capabilities.... Learn More