Top 10 OSHA Safety Violations for 2021
- Top 6 Reasons to Love Online Safety Training - February 3, 2022
- Five Regulatory HazCom Standard Requirements You Need to Know About - January 21, 2022
- Top 10 OSHA Safety Violations for 2021 - January 11, 2022
Each fiscal year, The Occupational Safety and Health Administration announces their Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards that can cause injuries and or death in construction and general industry jobs.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 4,764 fatal work injuries recorded in the United States in 2020, which was a 10.7% decrease from 5,333 in 2019. Additionally, a worker died every 111 minutes from a work-related injury in 2020.
While falls were down Fall Protection remains at the top of the list for the 11th year in a row, followed by Respiratory Protection and Ladders. Hazard Communication, which spent the last several years at No. 2, moved to the fifth spot on this year’s list.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2021 are:
1. Fall Protection 5,295 violations was down from 5,424 violations in 2020
2. Respiratory Protection took the number two place this year with 2,527 violations
3. Ladders became the third most incident with 2,026 violations
4. Scaffolding remained at number four with 1,948 violations
5. Hazard Communication declined by 64.3% in 2021 with 1,947
6. Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) had 1,698 in 2021, which was a 21.6% decrease from the previous year
7. Fall Protection Training Requirements jumped a spot from number 8 with 1,666
8. Eye and Face Protection jumped a spot from last year with 1,452 violations,
9. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,420
10. Machine Guarding stayed at number ten in 2021 with 1,113 violations
- Understanding safety across a company’s operation is a crucial step to proactively avoid risks and prioritize actions, to ensure a successful safety culture within your organization. Atlantic Training wants to provide your company and employees with the correct tools to ensure safety is always at top-of-mind.
Our video content is offered in several different formats:
On-Demand: Our video-on-demand format allows users to stream our videos from anywhere including mobile devices. Each title includes an embed feature that allows users to add these videos to their existing training platform or LMS with a simple cut and paste process.
In Your Platform: This product is available to load into your current platform or LMS as well. Whether your platform is SCORM compliant or not, you can add a single topic or our complete library, with ease by using a simple upload or cutting and pasting of embed code.
In SafetySoft: Our SafetySoft training platform allows you to view this course in a classroom environment, or assign it to your team individually with testing and recordkeeping capabilities for each training. You can also create your own unique training content on any topic, or add from any other vendor, if you choose, as well as manage your incident, accident, and illness records. All of this one location is more affordable than your Microsoft office application.
All titles are available in various languages and include needed written materials such as a leader’s guide, tests, answer key, wallet cards, attendance logs, and more!