Anyone in a leadership role has a tremendous amount of responsibility, for the employees and the company. Leadership requires individuals to know, act, and understand what is in the best interest for the company, while keeping the employees safe, motivated, and ...
Anyone in a leadership role has a tremendous amount of responsibility, for the employees and the company. Leadership requires individuals to know, act, and understand what is in the best interest for the company, while keeping the employees safe, motivated, and productive. One thing that is key in a leadership role is lead by example. When a leader is strong in his or her abilities, the employees will follow suite; the same can be said if the supervisor isnt up to par. If the supervisor disregards some or all of the rules and so will the employees; which leads to accidents, losses in production, and possible lawsuits. Safety training for supervisors is an inexpensive way of turning an average supervisor into a great supervisor, increase productivity, and increase your bottom-line. Our Supervisor Training Programs include training on materials for safety, communicating with employees, and one-on-one training, as well as information on auditing work areas. The programs are based on case studies and offer safety examples.
OSHA's Position On Supervisor Training
OSHA’s view on maintaining a safe work environment relates to ensuring that employees understand the importance of taking responsibility and maintaining diligence. When it comes to adhering to OSHA’s suggestions and mandatory regulations, supervisors are vital in overseeing worker activities. This is why OSHA is particularly concerned with a supervisor’s ability to provide an example for their subordinates to follow. Of course, honing one’s leadership abilities is an opportunity that can eventually lead to a reduction in accidents and the serious consequences associated with them. That’s because the most effective leaders are able to communicate the importance of abiding by the safety procedures by what they do as well as what they say. In addition, the best supervisors are those who form strong “connections” with their workers by establishing a rapport based on supportive communication. These attributes can be learned/improved with the proper training materials. Therefore, the investment that you make when obtaining advanced supervisor training tools can result in overall increases in production and a decrease in accident-related losses. The topics that are covered include:
- Supervisor and employee attitudes towards safety
- The principles that great leaders follow
- How to deal with personnel issues (by state)
- Giving performance reviews
- How to give effective safety meetings
- Perfecting your management style
- Employment Law training for supervisors
In addition to our easy-to-understand and informative DVD video presentations, we also offer additional training tools that include; CD-ROM format training programs, reminder posters, employee booklets and other training materials that come bundled with our instruction programs.
Please look over our high quality Supervisor Training materials that will allow you to completely meet your company’s training objectives without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors Training Video ProgramMost substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten workers has a drug or alcohol problem. Their behavior "under the influence" can decrease produ... Learn More
- OSHA Recordkeeping for Managers and Supervisors Safety Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "OSHA Recordkeeping for Managers and Supervisors" cover the details of the regulation's requirements, and show actual workplace incidents that demon... Learn More
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramTopics covered in the products include: How substance abuse can affect a worksite. What substances are abused? Laws you need to know about. Creating a drug and alcohol-free j... Learn More
- Bullying and Other Disruptive Behavior: for Managers and Supervisors Training Video ProgramBullying and its effects. Other disruptive behavior. "Coaching" your department about bullying and disruption. Handling a report of bullying or other disruption. "Informal resp... Learn More
- OSHA Recordkeeping for Managers, Supervisors and Employees Training Video ProgramThis product includes two DVD training programs, "OSHA Recordkeeping for Managers and Supervisors" and "OSHA Recordkeeping for Employees", that cover the details of the regulation'... Learn More
- JJ Keller Substance Abuse Training for Supervisors and Employees Training Video ProgramThis Substance abuse Training Video Program can be used to satisfy the supervisor training and employee education components of a comprehensive drug- and alcohol-free workplace pro... Learn More
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing: What Supervisors Need To Know Training Video ProgramHelps fulfill supervisors’ required drug and alcohol training.... Learn More
- Walking Working Surfaces: What You Need to Know for Supervisors and Employees Training Video ProgramDesigned to help employees and their supervisors understand the OSHA Walking-Working Surfaces rule and their responsibilities under the new slips, trips and falls requirements.... Learn More
- A Supervisor’s Guide to Reasonable Suspicion Testing - Online TrainingFor supervisors of CMV drivers - helps fulfill supervisors’ required drug and alcohol training... Learn More
- Workplace Bullying and Violence: Training for Supervisors and Employees Package Training Video ProgramA "total training package" to help train supervisors and employees on preventing bullying and violence in the workplace.... Learn More
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Video ProgramHelps employees and supervisors learn how to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace.... Learn More
- Diversity & Discrimination for Supervisors - Online TrainingHelp your supervisors understand discrimination laws and actively promote diversity in the workplace.... Learn More
- Walking-Working Surfaces: What Supervisors Need to Know - Pay Per View TrainingDesigned to help managers and safety personnel understand the OSHA Walking-Working Surfaces rule and their responsibilities under the new slips, trips and falls requirements.... Learn More