Using Fire Extinguishers
Fire could be the most frightening safety issue an employee may ever have to encounter. Each year thousands of injuries and fatalities are report due to the exposure to fire. Fire also causes millions of dollars in damages to businesses an annual basis. Yet many of thes...
Fire could be the most frightening safety issue an employee may ever have to encounter. Each year thousands of injuries and fatalities are report due to the exposure to fire. Fire also causes millions of dollars in damages to businesses an annual basis. Yet many of these catastrophes could have been prevented, or at least minimized, if training was in place to properly extinguish the fire, before it started to spread. Our "Using Fire Extinguisher Safety Training" products look at why things burn, review the types of fire extinguishers regulation that are found in facilities today, and discuss how to use OSHA fire extinguishers safely to fight small fires. Topics covered in these products include: What causes things to burn, The concept of "flashpoint", "Classes" of fires, Fire extinguisher labels, Chemical fire extinguishers, Water fire extinguishers, How to use a fire extinguisher, and more.
OSHA's Position On Using Fire Extinguishers Training
When it comes to considering the type of hazardous occurrence that can cause the most damage in a workplace, fire most likely ranks as number one. This is one reason why there are mandatory OSHA requirements for the placement of fire extinguishers along with evacuation plans in case of fire (OSHA 1910.157 (a)). Indeed, not following OSHA mandates has resulted in employee fatalities and serious injuries as well as millions of dollars in property damage and lawsuits. The best way you can inform employees of procedures to follow and meet OSHA-required training mandates is to have, on hand, comprehensive training materials. These can be obtained by selecting the training tools that we are currently offering. This will allow you to have the advantage of having employees that know how to extinguish a fire before it has the opportunity to spread. The topics that are covered in our video training presentations include:
- The nature and causes of fire
- Using fire extinguishers in the workplace (OSHA 1910.157 (b))
- The types of fire extinguishers
- Determining whether or not to use a fire extinguisher
Besides the excellent video training that we offer, we also feature additional training tools that can be used to compliment your presentations (English, Spanish and Portuguese available with some packages). These include; booklets, a customizable PowerPoint™ presentation and a printable Leader's Guide for trainers. This can provide your company with the ability to construct either a formal training class or train individuals as they are brought on board. In any case, you will want (and are required to by OSHA) to have every new employee trained in these topics, preferably prior to them working in your facility.
All that you need to do, at this point, is to look over the available training materials and place your order right online! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Fire Extinguishers: Putting Out The Fire Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Fire Extinguishers: Certify and Comply" look at different types of fires, discuss how they should be put out, and explain how employees can us... Learn More
- Advanced Fire Extinguisher Training (Short Versions) Training VideoThere are different extinguishers for each type of fire. The object of fire extinguisher training is to save lives. This program will provide information and help become familiar w... Learn More
- Portable Fire Extinguishers Protecting People And Property Training Video Program
- Fire Extinguishers Your PASS To Safety Training Video Program