Infection Control Training
With the daily threat of AIDS, hepatitis and drug-resistant organisms, the healthcare worker's job is more dangerous than ever. One wrong move can mean the difference between safety and danger - and even life and death. Infection Control training is essential training p...
With the daily threat of AIDS, hepatitis and drug-resistant organisms, the healthcare worker's job is more dangerous than ever. One wrong move can mean the difference between safety and danger - and even life and death. Infection Control training is essential training programs that will show your employees how to use Standard Precautions to combat the threat of infection and protect themselves - and their patients.
Infection control videos provides your employees with the following information: General infection control , Infection control methods, Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions, What to do in the case of exposure and more.
OSHA's Position On Infection Control Training
Individuals in the work environment need to be aware of the daily threat of infectious contagions which include HIV, hepatitis and drug-resistant organisms. This is especially true in the healthcare industry, where there is possible direct contact with hazardous substances such as potentially infected bodily fluids (blood, saliva, etc.). Since one moment of inattention and/or a lapse in proper procedure can actually create a life-and-death situation, OSHA has placed strict mandatory regulations that must be taught by employers to their workforce personnel. OSHA mandated infection control training is designed to protect employees and, in healthcare environments, their patients, as well. Rather than having to look in multiple online locations for the training materials needed to accommodate OSHA’s requirements, we offer all the necessary training tools right here on this website. The topics that are covered in these comprehensive Infection Control videos include:
- The nature of pathogens and their transmission prevention (OSHA 1930.1030 (d)(1))
- The dangers of pathogen contact (OSHA 1910.1030)
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Needlestick prevention (OSHA 1910.1030(d)(2)(viii))
- Tuberculosis safety
- Hand Hygiene
- and many other topics.
Infection control is a serious issue that all healthcare environments take into consideration. However, it can be difficult to find the proper training tools that cover the OSHA requirements for this particular type of training. With our one-stop source for OSHA-required training tools, you have an economical way of getting the videos and reminder items that you need.
Please look over our high quality Infection Control Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA’s training requirements without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Universal Precautions - Infection Control Procedures Training VideoInfection Control Procedures - Universal Precautions - Infection Control Procedures program addresses the procedures and accepted practices relating to infection exposure. Infectio... Learn More
- Infection Control in Healthcare: Safe Work Practices Training Video ProgramSafe practices have been developed by OSHA, the CDC and NIOSH to help prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases. ... Learn More
- Infection Control in Long Term Care: Safe Work Practices Training Video ProgramControlling and preventing the spread of infection has always been a goal in any healthcare setting. ... Learn More
- Infection Control in Healthcare: Multidrug-Resistant Organisms Training Video Program
- Medical Errors: Prevention Practices Training Video ProgramThis program discusses important changes in healthcare practice that provide strategies for reducing most medical errors and improving patient safety.... Learn More
- CPR: A Guide for Healthcare Workers Training Video ProgramBased on the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC, this course provides instruction on how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to adults, children and infants in non-hos... Learn More
- The Nursing Assistant: Understanding Abuse and Neglect Training Video ProgramThis program provides caregivers with an understanding of what constitutes abusive and neglectful behavior.... Learn More
- Infection Control In Long Term Care Protect Your Residents, Protect Yourself Training Video Program