Health and Safety Infographic: Infecting the Workplace
The health and safety of employees is important, but often times, the “health” aspect of that term is overlooked.
It’s just as easy for an employee to contract an illness as it is for them to be physically hurt. An employer needs to place just as much emphasis on employee health and wellness as they do employee safety. After all, keeping an employee safe from illness is just another way to consider their safety, and it has immense benefits for both employees and employers.
The following infographic breaks down the facts regarding workplace illness and why it should be taken seriously by employees.
- Your keyboard is the germiest place in the office, believe it or not. Keep it clean and well dis-infected.
- Have hand sanitizer at your desk.
- Keep your cell phone clean, it’s a germ cesspool!
- If you get sick, stay home.
- Keep surfaces clean, particularly in high-traffic areas.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay away from coworkers you know are sick.