These HIPAA training videos will help you walk your employees through the basics of the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules and make sure sensitive personal information is handled with the highest level of security and confidentiality. HIPAA security and privacy compliance...
These HIPAA training videos will help you walk your employees through the basics of the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules and make sure sensitive personal information is handled with the highest level of security and confidentiality. HIPAA security and privacy compliance is mandatory and if the HIPAA act is violated there are hefty fines and possible jail time attached to the violations. You are required to establish administrative, physical and technical safeguards to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all electronic PHI.
Employees will learn what protected health information is, how to handle patient information with computers and the internet, administrative requirements and more.
OSHA's Position On HIPAA/PatCon Training
The HIPAA Privacy Rule was created in order to protect the information in an individual’s medical records, and other personal health information, from being disclosed to unauthorized parties. This provides a set of national standards which apply to; health care clearinghouses, health plans and health care providers who electronically initiate certain health care transactions. This is a federal regulation that provides individuals with a number of rights concerning their own health information which includes access to review that information as well as to obtain a copy of their own health records.
This federally mandated rule is given very serious consideration and requires the utmost privacy and security when handling sensitive personal information. Should a violation occur, there are substantial fines incurred with the additional possibility of jail time administered. Needless to say, employees who come in contact with this type of information are required to be sufficiently trained by their employers. The training videos and training materials that we provide are geared to meet all of the federal requirements for this training. This includes:
- What constitutes Protected Health Information?
- The allowed use and disclosure of protected health information
- An individual’s consent and authorization
- The patient’s legal rights
- Due diligence pertaining to electronic patient records
- Proper administrative requirements
- Developing a HIPAA perspective
- Mandates of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- other required topics
By making sure that your employees thoroughly understand the detail of HIPAA requirements, your organization will be protected from non-compliance penalties.
Please look over our high quality HIPAA/PatCon Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet Government training requirements without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, select a hipaa training video from the selection below and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Details Training VideoHealth Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) program will explain the meaning of the HIPAA rules and understand what the healthcare industry must do to be compliant ... Learn More
- HIPAA Privacy In Long Term Care Training Video Program
- HIPAA Rules & Compliance for Long-Term Care Training Video Program
- HIPAA for Healthcare Workers: The Security Rule Training Video ProgramThe need for attention to data security came about largely because of past abuses that occurred in many places in healthcare.... Learn More
- Student Confidentiality The FERPA/HIPAA Facts Training Video ProgramStudent records are confidential documents protected by both FERPA and HIPAA. Teach your staff the proper procedures when handling a child’s school records with this training vid... Learn More