Fall Protection Training
The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) is a multisource data system maintained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to identify work-related deaths in the United States. CFOIs records indicate that occupational slips, trips, and falls are the second leading c...
The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) is a multisource data system maintained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to identify work-related deaths in the United States. CFOIs records indicate that occupational slips, trips, and falls are the second leading cause of death in the US. The statistics show about 200 employees are injured, 2,000 die every year, and millions of dollars are spent in lawsuits every year. Slips, trips, and Falls can cost a business a substantial amount of money. In order to help keep your employees safe, Atlantic Training offers a wide variety of "Fall Protection Safety Training". This training provides the information employees need to work safely when they are "off the ground", and assist in satisfying the major training requirements in the OSHA Standard on Fall Protection. Topics covered in these products include: The seriousness of fall hazards, Types of environments where falls may occur, The "Fall Protection Plan", Concentrating and keeping a clear head, The importance of housekeeping in preventing falls, Measures that can be taken to protect against falls, Selecting and using the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), and more.
OSHA's Position On Fall Protection Training
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2011, the number of work-related fatalities attributed to falls, slips and trips totaled 553. Interestingly enough, 21% of those were falls from heights of 10 feet or less with 10% coming from falls less than 6 feet! All-in-all slips, trips and falls are the 2nd leading cause of work-related fatalities in the U.S. Additionally; millions of dollars are spent on lawsuits and workman’s compensation payments each year. Unfortunately, many of these deaths, along with debilitating injuries, are the result of work habits and behaviors that effective training could have prevented. OSHA has set up a number of mandatory regulations that are geared to prevent these types of injuries and fatalities (OSHA 1926.500). Because of this, we have made exceptional high quality videos and training tools designed to meet OSHA’s training standards. The topics that are covered in our training materials include:
- Spotting potential fall hazards
- Inspection of equipment that could lead to a fall
- Proper Housekeeping
- Protective equipment designed to prevent falls
- OSHA fall protection requirements for those working on a ladder (OSHA 1926.500(a)(2)(vii)
It’s important to realize that OSHA takes their requirements very seriously, especially in a situation where hazards present a high potential for serious injury and fatalities. You want to ensure that your workplace is in total compliance with regards to preventing falls, slips and trips. We offer multi-language versions of comprehensive and complete video training packages that also include; a customizable PowerPoint™ presentation, bonus refresher training materials, printable Instructor’s guide and training booklets.
We make finding and ordering your complete OSHA-compliant training materials as easy as it gets. Just select the materials that you need, on this site, and place your order! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Items 1-20 of 22
- Fall Protection in Industrial and Construction Environments Training Video ProgramCovers: The consequences of falls in the workplace, hazardous work environments, the safety "mindset", designing fall hazards out of the workplace, proper housekeeping techniques, ... Learn More
- Fall Protection: Prevent Falling with PPE (Fall Arrest) Training Video ProgramCovers: The seriousness of fall hazards, types of environments where falls may occur, the "fall protection plan", concentrating and keeping a clear head, the importance of housekee... Learn More
- Slips, Trips and Falls in Construction Training Video ProgramAtlantic's "Slips, Trips and Falls in Construction Environments" courses discuss the mechanics of slips, trips and falls, the types of hazards that workers are likely to encou... Learn More
- How To Prevent Slips And Falls (Hotels) Training Video ProgramIt can happen from sitting in a chair improperly. It can happen when walking on something you shouldn't be walking on. It can happen when you walk in the parking lot and aren't wat... Learn More
- How To Prevent Slips and Falls Training Video ProgramSlips and falls can occur just about anywhere – not watching where you are walking, slip off a ladder and just not paying attention. In this program we will focus on how you can ... Learn More
- Fall Protection for Construction Training Video ProgramCovers all areas of fall protection, including the Steel Erection Standard. Online preview available.... Learn More
- Fall Protection The Right Connection Training Video Program
- Personal Fall Protection One Step Beyond Training Video Program
- Fall Protection for Construction - Online Training CourseFall protection is one of the most frequently cited OSHA violations, due to lack of proper equipment and training. Falls are the leading cause of death among private construction i... Learn More
- Slips, Trips and Falls Taking The Right Steps Training Video Program
- Slips, Trips, Falls Real, Real Life Training Video Program
- Fall Prevention for General Industry Training Video ProgramHelp prevent falls and promote a safer workplace. Online preview available.... Learn More
- Preventing Resident Falls In Long Term Care Training Video Program
- Slips Trips and Falls Split Second Safety Training Video Program
Items 1-20 of 22