Because of the increasing number of problems in the US with Bloodborne Pathogens such as Hepatitis B and HIV, OSHA passed a Bloodborne Pathogens Regulation (29 CFR Part 1910.1030) in 1991. This regulation requires employees in Healthcare Facilities, commerci...
Because of the increasing number of problems in the US with Bloodborne Pathogens such as Hepatitis B and HIV, OSHA passed a Bloodborne Pathogens Regulation (29 CFR Part 1910.1030) in 1991. This regulation requires employees in Healthcare Facilities, commercial, light, and heavy industries to be given training on how to properly handle, prevent exposure, emergency procedures, and much more. The Bloodborne Pathogens Video Programs were created to assist facilities in fulfilling all the requirements in the regulation.
Related training topics that will work in conjunction with Bloodborne Pathogen Training: First Aid, Personal Protection Equipment, PPE Training
OSHA's Position On Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Required Bloodborne Pathogen Training is not something that is limited to medical facilities. In any workplace situation where an injury may occur, it’s important to understand proper procedures that are designed to limit the possibility of the spread of disease through contact with potentially contaminated blood. These environments include:
- Industrial Sites
- Healthcare Facilities
- First Response Situations
OSHA requirements are outlined in a number of their directives that deal, for example, with the correct disposal of needles, disposable razors and other potentially contaminated objects [1910.1030(g)(2)(vii)(F)]. These types of regulations are scrutinized quite closely due to the potential of disease transmission and standardized training is essential to meet all compliance directives. Potentially bloodborne pathogen contaminated waste is highly regulated by the government in areas that cover specific labeling and approved disposal methods. Additionally, it is considered an employer’s obligation to annually review any technologies that constitute an advancement of bloodborne pathogen protection and waste. [29 CFR 1910.1030(c)(1)(iv)]
It would be safe to say that any company that falls under the category of an industry that deals with potentially blood-contaminated items should have readily available training materials. This is something that a new employee needs to review prior to their first exposure to the actual work environment. This also means that the training materials need to be clear, easy-to-understand and comprehensive. This is precisely the reason why our training materials are chosen over others that can be found on the market. For the highest quality and cost-effective training materials, upgrade your training library and ensure that your training tools meet OSHA’s compliance standards!
For any questions that you may have, please contact us and we’ll be glad to assist you.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Healthcare Settings Training Video ProgramIn this video, we explore the risks and also control and response strategies for dealing with potential exposure to these and other potentially infectious materials. Adapting thes... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Standard Precautions in the Workplace Video ProgramCovers: The contents of the standard, epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne diseases, modes by which bloodborne disease is transmitted, the exposure control plan, recognition of ... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens in First Response Environments Training Video ProgramCovers: Epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne diseases, modes by which bloodborne disease is transmitted, the exposure control plan, recognition of exposure situations, practices... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Training Video(BBP) When a safety committee is properly formed, supported and budgeted they can be invaluable to the safety program. It’s important to understand the reasons why safety committ... Learn More
- Controlling Exposures To Bloodborne Pathogens (Manufacturing) Training VideoControlling Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens for workers in manufacturing industry is the focus of this program. Bloodborne Pathogens and infectious diseases, treatment, and infect... Learn More
- Controlling Exposure To Bloodborne Pathogens (Waste Management) Training Video ProgramHealthcare professionals are always exposed to bloodborne and infectious diseases. Treatment and infection control has prevented widespread occurrences. In 1986, The Communicable D... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens (Universities)Bloodborne Pathogens training program is designed to provide a good understanding of bloodborne pathogens, common modes of their transmission, methods of prevention, and other pert... Learn More
- JJ Keller Bloodborne Pathogens Training Video ProgramHelp satisfy OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030). Online preview available.... Learn More
- The Bloodborne Pathogens Standard How It Affects You, How It Protects You HandbookThis best-selling program will help your workers reduce the risk of contracting bloodborne diseases. It reviews Standard Precautions, engineering controls, personal protective equi... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens In Schools: The Human Side Training Handbook 10 PackGripping real-life stories highlight the potential dangers of bloodborne diseases in the educational environment. This compelling program helps educate your entire staff on the Sta... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher For Schools Training Handbook 10 PackThis program discusses the common bloodborne diseases staff members need to protect themselves from and explains how they are transmitted in the workplace.... Learn More
- It's Up to You: Avoiding Bloodborne Pathogens in Schools Training Video ProgramIt's Up to You is an exciting, new, brief alternative for annual bloodborne pathogens training.... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Training Video ProgramWorkplace Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare Complete Training Video Program - This Training Video Program employee safety training kit was designed to train a single student or a... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Training Video Program for HealthcareWorkers in many different occupations are at risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens, including Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV/AIDS. This exposure may be through needlesticks, ... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens in Industrial Facilities Training Video ProgramCovers: The contents of the standard, epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne diseases, modes by which bloodborne disease is transmitted, the exposure control plan, recognition of ... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Don’t Take the RISK Training Video ProgramBloodborne Pathogens: Don't Take The Risk! will introduce you to the different diseases caused by bloodborne pathogens, how to decrease your risk of becoming infected by these infe... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Protecting Law Enforcement Training Video ProgramThis program lays down the hard facts on the most common bloodborne diseases, and more importantly, on how your force can avoid contracting them and what they should do if exposure... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens For Law Enforcement Training Video ProgramYour law enforcement unit faces dangers every day, but bloodborne diseases need not be one of them. This program helps equip your team with the essential rules of exposure control.... Learn More