OSHA's Position On Bloodborne Pathogens Training People can be exposed to bloodborne pathogens (BBP) and not become infected or suffer any type of medical issue. However, this is not a guarantee and those who do become infected can suffer effects that range from easily...
OSHA's Position On Bloodborne Pathogens Training
People can be exposed to bloodborne pathogens (BBP) and not become infected or suffer any type of medical issue. However, this is not a guarantee and those who do become infected can suffer effects that range from easily treatable illnesses all the way to fatal diseases! This is why training your employees with a bloodborne pathogen training video is so critical. OSHA has instituted strict guidelines (OSHA 1910.1030) that deal with bloodborne pathogen protection – especially in areas such as our nation’s school systems and law enforcement. Therefore, we have made high quality training videos and other training materials available that address these requirements for both; the purposes of compliance and for the protection of students and faculty. The subjects that are included in these comprehensive OSHA compliancy training tools include:
- Understanding how bloodborne pathogens are spread
- BBP Exposure Control Plan (OSHA 1910.1030(c))
- BBP Protection Procedures for Cleanup Situations (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1030(b))
- Employee responsibility for providing handwashing facilities (OSHA 1910.1030(d)(2)(iii))
- Exposure risks to Hepatitis B, C and HIV
It’s extremely important to be aware of the dangers that can be faced when working in a particularly hazardous occupation. A cut finger or skinned knee may seem like a minor, everyday occurrence but it must still be viewed as a potential source of a bloodborne contagion. With the proper training and medical materials on hand, the risks are minimized. In addition to the OSHA training-compliant videos that we offer, there are additional training tools available. These include; training handbooks and extras that are provided with our more comprehensive training packages such as; a customizable PowerPoint™ presentation, an expanded Leader’s Guide and trainee handbooks.
Ordering the OSHA requirement training tools that you need is as easy as selecting what you need from our online listings and placing your order. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- It's Up to You: Avoiding Bloodborne Pathogens in Schools Training Video ProgramIt's Up to You is an exciting, new, brief alternative for annual bloodborne pathogens training.... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens For School Employees The Straight Facts Training Video ProgramThis Training Video Program takes a closer look at the three main bloodborne pathogens putting your faculty at greatest risk in the job - Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens Early Childhood Training Video ProgramUnderstand bloodborne pathogens and learn to follow established safety procedures with this program!... Learn More
- Bloodborne Pathogens For Cafeteria Employees Safety Behind The Lines Training Video ProgramThis important training video Program will teach your cafeteria employees the proper precautions to take in order to work safely around food and to keep themselves safe and free fr... Learn More
- Infection Control For Schools Training Video ProgramThis Training Video Program will keep your school informed about infection control basics.... Learn More