Respiratory hazards such as gases, mold spores, toxic fumes and vapors, pose major problems for employees because some fuses cannot easily be seen or smelled. Respiratory problems also come from visible hazards such as dust, and fibers. As a result, many respiratory pro...
Respiratory hazards such as gases, mold spores, toxic fumes and vapors, pose major problems for employees because some fuses cannot easily be seen or smelled. Respiratory problems also come from visible hazards such as dust, and fibers. As a result, many respiratory problems occur. Some of the causes, only become apparent well after the exposure has occurred. At that point, there may be irreversible permanent respiratory damage such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Fibrosis, or Lung Cancer. Alight of the respiratory problems that have occurred, OSHA and NIOSH created Respiratory protection and safety regulations to help safe guard employees, and business against these hazards. Our "Respiratory Protection and Safety" training products assist facilities in complying with all of OSHAs Respiratory Standard. Topics covered in these products include: How the respiratory system works, Common types and causes of respiratory hazards, Potential effects of respiratory hazards, Good respiratory safety practices, Respiratory safety equipment, OSHAs Assigned Protection Factors for respirators, Fit testing protocols, Cleaning/disinfecting procedures, and more.
OSHA's Position On Respiratory Protection Training
Dangers to our respiratory systems can occur in a number of different ways and in a number of different environments. These hazards can erupt from; toxic fumes, mold and other substances that, in many cases, may not appear all that obvious to the average individual. In addition, the problems that can arise from respiratory hazards may not even be evident until months or years later! This is why OSHA has instituted a number of strict, mandatory guidelines that address this particular issue. The goal of OSHA is to protect workers from the possibility of short term and long term effects that may even equate to permanent lung damage. The topics that are covered by our training videos include:
- The need for respiratory protection devices (OSHA 1910.134(a)(2))
- Selecting the proper respirator
- Written respiratory control program
- Conducting the fit test (OSHA 1910.134(a))
- Respirator use medical evaluations (OSHA 1910.134)
- Respirator inspection
- Proper respirator cleaning and storage (OSHA 1910.134(b)(2))
- And many others
In addition to the engaging and exceptionally high quality videos, that we have on hand, we also offer other types of training tools, as well. These include; CD-ROM format training programs, Safety Posters, Training Booklets and additional materials that come bundled with many of our video programs. These economical video programs are designed to meet your specific OSHA requirement training needs or you can even build your own OSHA-compliant comprehensive safety program (that includes respiratory safety).
Please look over our high quality Respiratory Protection Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA’s training objectives without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Respiratory Protection and Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: How the respiratory system "works", common types of respiratory problems, potential effects of respiratory hazards, causes of respiratory problems, good respiratory safety ... Learn More
- HAZWOPER Respiratory Protection Training Video ProgramCovers: Requirements of respirator usage, basic types of respirators, classifications of respirator filters, SARs, SCBAs, proper fit-testing, cleaning and maintenance of respirator... Learn More
- An Effective Respiratory Protection Program Training VideoThis program will assist you in the development of an effective respirator program. It also addresses some of the hazards and the basics of respiratory protection. ... Learn More
- Respirators and How To Use Them Training Video ProgramRespirators And How To Use Them - Respiratory protection and self-contained breathing apparatuses are used to protect us from harmful gases, fumes, vapors, and chemicals as well as... Learn More
- JJ Keller Respiratory Protection: Breathing Safely Training Video ProgramHelps you satisfy OSHA's respiratory protection training requirements. Online preview available.... Learn More
- Respiratory Protection Another World Training Video Program
- Respirator Safety A Sure Fit Training Video Program