Hand, Wrist and Finger
Hands, wrists and fingers are the most used parts of an individuals body. People use them in accomplishing tasks in every line of work, from building and construction to office and laboratory positions. Each year over 500,000 injuries are reported or are hospitalize...
Hands, wrists and fingers are the most used parts of an individuals body. People use them in accomplishing tasks in every line of work, from building and construction to office and laboratory positions. Each year over 500,000 injuries are reported or are hospitalized for hands, wrists or finger injuries. The most common injuries are cuts, crushes, dismemberment, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendinitis, and fractures. According to the Department of Labor, one out of four occupational accidents involves a hand, wrist, or finger. To help reduce these injuries, it is important for employees to learn; the most common hazards, how to protect themselves, and emergency responses. Our "Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety" training programs review Hand, Wrist and Finger Hazard Prevention and help employees take the steps necessary to avoid them. Topics covered in these products include: Physiology of the hand, wrist and fingers, Identification of common hazards, Proper work procedures, Tool use and maintenance, Selecting and using the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), Injuries and first aid, and more.
OSHA's Position On Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety Training
Consider the fact that we use our hands, wrists and fingers more than any other individual parts of our bodies. Whether it’s in construction, driving, office or laboratory work, these essential body components are in constant use and, as such, are susceptible to injury. The number of serious injuries to hands, wrists and fingers, that are reported, number in excess of over half a million annually. These types of injuries can include; lacerations, crushing injuries, fractures and dismemberment. In addition, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Tendinitis injury reports have become more prominent in recent times. As a result, OSHA (OSHA 1910.138) has enacted a number of mandatory regulations that are designed to protect workers from these hazards. The topics covered by our hand, wrist and finger safety training videos include:
- Hand, wrist and finger physiology
- Common hazard identification
- Proper work procedures (OSHA Standards)
- Proper tool use
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (OSHA 1910.138(b))
The goal of our hand, wrist and finger videos is threefold. First of all, it’s extremely important for employees to protect themselves through the use of information presented in training. Secondly, mandatory OSHA training standards must be met. This can be accomplished by using the training videos located on this site. And finally, you will wish to avoid the expense that can be incurred when an employee is injured and files for compensation.
In addition to the exceptional, high quality videos that we offer, we also have other training tools such as; DVD kits, Posters, Booklets and other training items. When it comes to meeting mandatory OSHA standards, we represent your one-stop location for the complete OSHA-required information necessary to meet those training mandates! Ordering the training tools that you require is as easy as selecting what you need from our online listings and placing your order. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety" review the hand, wrist and finger hazards that employees may encounter in their workplace, and show them the eq... Learn More
- Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramAtlantic's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Hand, Wrist, and Finger Safety in Construction Environments review the hand, wrist and finger hazards that employees may encounter on a ... Learn More
- GORY STORY: Hand Injuries Safety Video - High ImpactAnother motivating training program using photographs and video to illustrate dramatically the need for hand safety. Follows an injured person Bob from his injury through surgery a... Learn More
- Powered Hand Tool Safety Training Handbook 10 Pack
- Hand Safety: It's In Your Hands Safety Training Handbook 10 Pack
- Hand Protection: Lessons For A Lifetime Safety Training Handbook 10 Pack
- Powered Hand Tools: Safety Is In Your Hands Training Video Program
- Hand Safety It's In Your Hands Training Video Program