Cranes, Chains, Slings, Hoists, and Rigging
Compliance and Safety offers Hoist Safety Training programs designed for anyone operating jib hoists or cranes. Because of the high risk of death that cranes possess, it is vital for any employees working with or around cranes to receive training. Our Hoist Safety train...
Compliance and Safety offers Hoist Safety Training programs designed for anyone operating jib hoists or cranes. Because of the high risk of death that cranes possess, it is vital for any employees working with or around cranes to receive training. Our Hoist Safety training can be used in conjunction with our other Crane Safety Training programs. Each program meets all of OSHAs regulation requirements, enabling your facility to become compliant quickly and easily, saving you time and money. Topics covered are: Sling angles, Crane Hoist Safety techniques, Inspection procedures, and more.
Related training topics that will work in conjunction with our Cranes, Chains, Slings, Hoists, and Rigging Training: Forklift Training, Rigging Safety Training, PPE Training, Personal Protection Equipment Supplies
OSHA's Position On Cranes, Chains, Slings, Hoists, and Rigging Training
OSHA has set down a number of mandatory requirements addressing the use of hoists, cranes, rigging, chains and slings (OSHA 1915.112). These apply to anyone who is operating/inspecting this type of equipment due to the inherent dangers that are present when lifting/transporting any type of heavy material. Lack of understanding and training is an on-going source of serious employee injuries and fatalities. The topics that are covered in these video training packages include:
- Types of hoists and slings (including hand operated, air/electric powered wire rope, electric chain and vacuum powered)
- How to correctly choose a sling or hoist
- Proper Inspection procedures
- Load handling
- Care and Storage per OSHA requirements (OSHA 1910 Subpart N)
When you consider the fact that crane-related fatalities average 50 per year, the need for proper training becomes obvious. We offer the absolute best quality video and training tools that are designed to be easy-to-understand and engaging to the viewer. Because of the serious nature of the subject matter, we ensure that our training videos hold the interest of those being trained, in order that all of the material is absorbed. In addition to our training videos, we also have complimenting training tools that can either be purchased separately or come bundled with several of our training packages. These include; booklets, a customizable PowerPoint™ presentation and a printable Leader's Guide for trainers. With these materials in your workplace, you will have the flexibility of being able to conduct OSHA-required hoists, cranes, rigging, chains and slings training anytime that it’s convenient for you and your staff.
To have these training materials whenever they’re needed, all you have to do is to look over our selection of training packages and accessories, select the items that you need and then place your order. It’s that simple! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Cranes, Chains, Slings & Hoists Training Video ProgramChains, Cranes, Hoist, and Slings program illustrates the proper use and maintenance of cranes and lifting devices with emphasis on safety. Safety around hoisting equipment is extr... Learn More
- Cranes Chains Slings and Hoists GORY STORY Training VideoOne of the most important things to know when working with a crane is the operator's knowledge of how to use, inspect, and maintain the equipment. Safety around hoisting equipment ... Learn More