What Are The Consequences Of Conflicts
This 3 minute safety training video covers: What are the other problems after a prolonged periods of conflict, what is the most serious consequence of unresolved conflict, how a conflict can lead to a serious situation. This clip was taken from a full-length training video. Click here to watch the 17 minute full length version.
The Full-Length Version is Available on DVD!
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable. Anytime two or more people come together, they will eventually disagree about something. While some conflict can be healthy, it is often an indication that there is something wrong. Conflict is frequently a "call to action"… a problem crying out for a solution.
The good news about conflict is that it is usually based on "caring". The more someone defends their point of view in an argument, the more they care. But if conflict is allowed to fester and grow without a resolution, it can lead to serious problems such as threats and even physical violence. The effectiveness of an entire organization can be harmed if conflict is allowed to escalate.
Atlantic Training's Conflict Resolution in Industrial Facilities DVD program discuss the techniques and strategies that can be used to limit the damage and disruption conflict can cause in the workplace. They show employees that when difficult situations are dealt with in a calm and unemotional way, compromise and collaboration are possible… and a lot can be gained from resolving a conflict. Topics covered in these products include:
Conflict Resolution in Industrial Facilities DVD Covers:
- What Are The Consequences Of Conflicts
- The consequences of conflict and how it can disrupt the workplace.
- How resolving workplace conflict is an integral part of everyone's job.
- The common causes of workplace conflict and how to recognize them.
- Diffusing disagreements before they get out of hand.
- The damage that escalating conflict and violence can do to an organization.
- How collaboration can be a valuable tool in resolving conflicts.
- How to apply proven conflict resolution techniques and strategies.
- and more!
- Click here to watch a FREE full-length 17 minute preview.
Whether we like it or not, when you work with people, conflict is going to happen. The cost of conflict is huge, lost time and productivity, damaged relationships, even lawsuits and violence. So what do you do about it? Conflict isn’t bad it’s just how we react to it. Most people try competing or avoiding or accommodating or compromising. Just find a solution that works for everyone. Remember conflict will always be there, it’s a human nature. Conflict can be an opportunity to learn and grow. Resolving conflict takes time and effort, but it’s worth it.