Fall Protection for General Industry Training Video Program
Walking-Working Surfaces compliance date for training for employees on fall hazards: May 17, 2017
- Falls are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries and deaths. In 2015, the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates slips, trips, and falls accounted for 309,060 nonfatal injuries and 800 fatal work injuries. Falls to a lower level accounted for 81% of all fatal falls. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requires the use of fall protection when working 4 feet or more above a lower level in all general industry workplaces under Subpart D, "Walking-Working Surfaces."
- This program is designed to help learners understand OSHA fall protection requirements. Specifically, it will cover the potential hazards and protective measures you can take while working on elevated working platforms or runways, or near the floor, wall, or window openings to help prevent injuries.
- After completing this Fall Protection training program, learners will be able to:
- Explain how injuries by falling and falling objects occur
- Summarize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards
- Identify various forms of fall protection and scenarios when each would be appropriate
- Describe ways for eliminating and preventing falls in the workplace
- English & Spanish available all in one program
- Ready-to-use fall prevention training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 15-Minute Video - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
- (10) Employee Handbooks (English) - Product Code: 50526 - Provide a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quizzes to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Employee Handbook (Spanish) - Product Code: 50525 - Provide a portable, Spanish reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quizzes to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet (English) - Product Code: 50517 - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sheet of 10 cards.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet (Spanish) - Product Code: 50516 - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sheet of 10 cards.
- (1) Awareness Poster (English)- Product Code: TBD - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
- (1) Awareness Poster (Spanish) - Product Code: TBD - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
Training Video Program Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program (15 minutes).
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic) – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Potential Hazards
- Intro to Potential Hazards
- Unsafe Environment
- Unsafe Equipment
- Unsafe Behavior
- Employer Requirements
- Types of Fall Protection
- What's New with Fall Protection
- Guardrail Systems
- Ladder Safety Systems
- Safety Net Systems
- Designated Areas
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Using Fall Protection Safely
- Choosing the Right Fall Protection
- Inspecting Fall Protection
- Using Fall Protection
- Storing Fall Protection
- Performing Maintenance
- Bonus Materials:
- Message to Management Video (6 minutes)
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
J. J. Keller's Timely Update Service Keeps You Current On The Latest Regulations
Because regulations and best practices change frequently, keeping your references current is essential. J. J. Keller's Update Service is the easiest, most economical way! Updating your guide or manual is quick and simple ... having the most up-to-date information could save your company thousands of dollars in accidents, injuries, and fines!
What is J. J. Keller's Update Service?
It's an easy, low-cost way to ensure that you have current safety and regulatory information at your fingertips all year long. When you subscribe to our affordable Update Service, you'll receive updated pages for your guides or manuals at regular intervals.
It's a "must-have!"
Operating from current information is essential to avoiding penalties, fines, accidents, and injuries (just ONE incident could cost you far more than the update service). Plus, monitoring upcoming regulatory changes and implementing the latest best practices will help you make better management decisions and budget your safety and compliance dollars more effectively.
It's a great way to save!
Update services are available in 1-, 3-, and 5-year subscriptions. Subscribe for 3 or 5 years and you'll save big compared to purchasing one year at a time!
It's quick and easy!
J. J. Keller guides and manuals are 3-ring bound, so adding new or revised information (replacement pages) is as easy as popping open the binder and dropping it in.
Optional Network licensing also available to download the video to your system.
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS or ours (SafetySoft).
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.