Throughout the US, in construction, manufacturing and welding industries, there are more than 80 different types of welding procedures used daily. Each type of the welding process carries a different risk or potential hazard for the employee and surrounding employees. I...
Throughout the US, in construction, manufacturing and welding industries, there are more than 80 different types of welding procedures used daily. Each type of the welding process carries a different risk or potential hazard for the employee and surrounding employees. It is essential that welders are made aware of the Welding Safety Equipment and Welding Cutting Safety regulations mandated by OSHA. These welding safety programs generally cover the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements, the types of welding operations, environment safety, and common injuries associated to welding. Our OSHA Welding safety video training products remind employees that there are indeed, a number of hazards associated with welding equipment , and provide the information he or she needs to work safely when involved with welding operations. Other topics covered in these products include: Getting "authorization" for welding operations, Sparking and the risk of fire, Guards and protective barriers, Hazardous fumes and ventilation, The use of respirators and other personal, Selecting and using the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), Inspecting welding equipment, Proper welding safety procedures, and more.
Related training topics that will work well with our Welding Safety Training: Fire Safety, Personal Protection Training, Emergency Plans, First Aid, Safety Posters
OSHA's Position On Welding Safety Training
In U.S. industries involving manufacturing, construction and welding you can find over 80 different types of welding procedures that are utilized on a daily basis. Each one of these procedures carries a different set of potential hazards/risks that involve both the welder and those near their work area. The American Bureau of Labor Statistics has estimated that there are 365,000 welding accidents each year and has recently reported 40 annual fatalities for welding, soldering and brazing workers, which translates into 8.8 deaths per applicable 100,000 full-time workers. OSHA has mandated specific requirements for industry welding procedures. The first and foremost item within these regulations involves the use of the appropriate protective equipment. Here, at Compliance and Safety, we offer a complete set of welding training materials that are designed to meet the entire set of mandatory OSHA directives. The topics that are covered include:
- The use of proper welding personal protective equipment (PPE) (OSHA 1915 Subpart I)
- General welding safety requirements (OSHA 1910.252(a)(1))
- Oxyfuel Gas Cutting
- Hot Work Permit requirements (OSHA 1910.146(b) & Definition VTO1298)
- Compressed gas cylinder safety requirements (OSHA 1910.101)
- And other topics
In addition to the exceptional training videos that we offer, we also provide other training materials such as; CD-ROM format welding training classes, posters, Line Supervisor handbooks and more. Having these training materials on hand will allow you to train new employees before they begin their assignments, which will meet OSHA requirements.
Please look over our high quality Welding Safety Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA’s training requirements without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Welding Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: Getting "authorization" for welding operations, sparking and the risk of fire, guards and protective barriers, hazardous fumes and ventilation, the use of respirators, eye ... Learn More
- Hot Work Safety and the Permitting Process Training Video ProgramTopics covered in these products include: Hot work and its hazards. The purpose of a Hot Work Permit. First steps in the permitting process. Preparing the work area. Per... Learn More
- Arc Welding Safety Training VideoExcellent program for all persons operating arc welding machines and equipment. Basic safety rules, operating procedures, and improves the awareness of each persons individual resp... Learn More
- Safety Factors In Arc Welding and Cutting OperationsTopics discussed in this safety video include: the welding/cutting area, safety precautions, compressed gas cylinders, valve and regulator settings, hoses, torch lighting procedur... Learn More
- Hot Work Permits Training Video ProgramExcellent training program and reinforcement for the need of Hot Work Permits. Details what is required, purpose of HWP and how to develop and use Hot Work Permits.... Learn More
- Hot Work: Safety Operations Training Video ProgramFeatures real-world industry professionals who drive home the dangers of hot work and the importance of using safe work practices.... Learn More
- Welding Safety: Safe Work With Hotwork Training Handbooks 10 PackIn hotwork operations, safety is a burning issue. But through this handbook, you can cool down the risks and torch the dangers. It details various types of welding and correspondin... Learn More
- Welding Safety Training Video ProgramThese are hazardous activities which pose a combination of both safety and health risks for employees. Welding, cutting and brazing are all very dangerous and proper work practices... Learn More