Scaffolding Safety Training
Scaffolding, whether it is supported or suspended, is dangerous to the employees above and below the scaffolding. Whenever a worker leaves the ground, the risk of an accident occurring increases dramatically. There are more than 10,000 scaffold related injuries and hund...
Scaffolding, whether it is supported or suspended, is dangerous to the employees above and below the scaffolding. Whenever a worker leaves the ground, the risk of an accident occurring increases dramatically. There are more than 10,000 scaffold related injuries and hundreds of deaths reported annually. Employees that work on scaffolding need to, not only make a safe work environment for themselves, but others around them. OSHA has mandated that workers be trained on how to erect scaffolding safely, understand the usefulness of platforms, PPE and tie offs. These products will help employers meet scaffold safety training requirements of OSHA's Scaffolding regulation.
OSHA's Position On Scaffolding Safety Training
Because of its very nature, any type of scaffolding can present a danger to those employees who are either on the scaffold or located below the scaffold. Statistically speaking, workers are at a far greater risk for accidents, once they have left the ground. This can be seen in the fact that thousands of scaffold-related injuries, along with a number of deaths (54 reported for 2009 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics) are recorded every year! This proves that employees, who work on scaffolding, should be more focused on making their work environment safe for themselves and those around them. Because of this, OSHA has placed mandatory requirements on items that involve scaffolding safety (OSHA 1910.28). One of these requirements mandates the training of all employees who work on/near scaffolds and those who erect scaffolding. The comprehensive training videos that we offer on this site include:
- Scaffolding weight support (OSHA 1910.28(a)(4))
- Suspended Scaffolding Safety (OSHA 1910.28(g)(11))
- Supported Scaffolding
- Fall Prevention (OSHA 1915.71)
- Correctly Erecting a Scaffold (OSHA 1910.28(a)(2))
- Correctly Dismantling a Scaffold
- PPE and tie offs
- Other scaffold safety topics
In addition to our high quality training videos, we also supply other training tools that come bundled with many of our video packages. With this type of OSHA safety regulations training, you can go a long way in reducing the chance of a scaffolding-related accident occurring. Everything that you need for this is located right on our website!
Please look over our high quality Scaffolding Safety Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA’s training requirements without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: Responsibilities of a "scaffold expert", platforms and planking, the danger of power lines, platform hazards, personal fall arrest systems, guarding against falling objects... Learn More
- Supported Scaffolding Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments Training Video ProgramAtlantic's "Supported Scaffolding Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments" courses discuss supported scaffolds, how they should be constructed, the hazards that are... Learn More
- Suspended Scaffolding Safety in Construction Environments Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: Responsibilities of a "scaffold expert", platforms and planking, the danger of power lines, platform hazards, personal fall arrest systems, guarding against falling objects... Learn More
- Scaffolding Safety For Employees Training VideoScaffolding Safety For Employees - This short training program is designed to review some of the basics of scaffolds and how to properly use this equipment to help make you more aw... Learn More
- Scaffolds: Safety At All Levels Training Handbooks 10 PackBe sure your workers are familiar with the most up-to-date OSHA requirements and that they know how to stay safe with this essential handbook.... Learn More
- Scaffold Safety Training Video ProgramScaffolding Safety Kit - This training video program employee safety training kit was designed to train a single student or an entire classroom. ... Learn More