Electrical safety is very important in keeping yourself safe from the hazards of electric current. This infographic sums up every precaution and safety tip that OSHA has in regards to dealing with electricity.
Before diving in to the specifics, here are some general precautions:
- Follow instructions issued by your workspace supervisors or managers, and those of the respective equipment’s manual.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling any equipment.
- Ensure that the office or workspace has good ventilation, and regularly inspect (and clean)exhaust fans and other ventilation sources.
- Wear appropriate clothing and use personal protective equipment—including the right foot, hand, and head gear—to protect yourself in case of an emergency.
- Always familiarize yourself with the specific safety regulations, standards, requirements, and guidelines of your workplace. An electrical safety training will give your employees an adequate knowledge on handling electricity