What are the Forklift Safety Operating Procedures
This 2 minute safety training video covers: How to operate a forklift safely, what are the forklift safety precautions, what are the proper operating procedures to use, how to maintain safe environment when using a forklift, how to properly use a forklift when carrying a load, what are the pros and cons when using a forklift. This clip was taken from a full-length training video. Click here to watch the 33 minute full length version.
The Full-Length Version is Available on DVD!
Starting a new job always gives people plenty to think about. There's learning their new responsibilities and procedures, meeting new coworkers, and getting familiar with the facility itself. But there's something else they need to keep in mind as well, something very important… workplace safety. Workplace safety means thinking "safety first" on the first day of the job, and every day thereafter. Because that's how employees can help themselves, and each other, avoid hazards that can lead to accident, injury… and even death.
Atlantic Training's Safety Awareness 101 for New Employees" training program reminds employees that if they know the types of hazards that they can encounter in their jobs, they can guard against them and often prevent them from occurring.
Upon completion of the program, employees should be able to::
- What are the Forklift Safety Operating Procedures
- Understand the importance of being safe on the job.
- Recognize hazards they may encounter in the workplace.
- Understand how good housekeeping can prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Know how to use hand and power tools, and powered machinery, safely.
- Understand specific procedures that can help to prevent forklift accidents.
- Know how to avoid electrical hazards.
- Understand how to use personal protective equipment (PPE) to guard against workplace hazards.
- Understand how their facility's Emergency Action Plan can save lives and minimize damage in a crisis.
- Know what to do when confronted by health emergencies in the workplace.
- Click here to watch a FREE full-length 33 minute preview.
Forklift trucks or forklifts for short are also called powered industrial trucks. They come in variety of sizes and designs, that’s why every operator needs to learn all operating requirements for the particular forklift to use. Knowing how to operate one type of truck doesn’t mean you’re allow to operate another type, in fact you’ll qualified to operate each type of forklift before you operate independently. One of the key things to remember about forklifts is that only their basic design is the same, in use they have different controls, weight capacities and restrictions on where they can operate.