This 2 minute safety training video covers: What is the quickest and most effective ways to extinguish Class A fires, pros and cons of using dry chemicals, when or when not to use use an air pressurized water extinguisher, when to properly use water-mist extinguishers, what are the types of extinguishers that are used to handle Class A, B and C fires. Click here to watch the 18 minute full length version.
The Full-Length Version is Available on DVD!
Atlantic Training’s Using Fire Extinguishers safety DVD program Covers the usage of various types of fire extinguishers, including general ABC fire extinguishers and industry specific fire extinguishers. This program also covers the basic science behind how fire extinguishers combat fire and where to store fire extinguishers for easy access.
- The locations where fire extinguishers are required by law.
- Storing fire extinguishers in areas that can be easily accessed.
- How to conduct fire extinguisher inspections and maintenance.
- Fire extinguisher inspection requirements by the NFPA.
- The science behind a fire.
- The various types of chemicals and substances that are used to extinguish fire.
- How to choose the best type of extinguishing agent for each of the four classes of fires.
- The most common type of ‘general use’ fire extinguisher and its major pros/cons.
- The pro’s/cons of various industry specific fire extinguishers.
- How to know when to extinguish a fire and when you should seek professional help.
- The untold dangers of smoke inhalation.
- Using the P.A.S.S (PASS) method to extinguish a fire. Seeking safety after attempting to extinguish a fire
- Click here to watch a FREE full-length 18 minute preview.