How to Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
This 3 minute safety training video covers: What are the factors that causes a slips, trips and falls, how to avoid slips, trips and falls in the workplace, what are the proper footwear to use for the conditions that you will be working in, how to avoid any hazards that are in your path, how to inspect a ladder safely, how to properly use a ladder safely. This clip was taken from a full-length training video.Click here to watch the 33 minute full length version.
The Full-Length Version is Available on DVD!
Starting a new job always gives people plenty to think about. There's learning their new responsibilities and procedures, meeting new coworkers, and getting familiar with the facility itself. But there's something else they need to keep in mind as well, something very important… workplace safety. Workplace safety means thinking "safety first" on the first day of the job, and every day thereafter. Because that's how employees can help themselves, and each other, avoid hazards that can lead to accident, injury… and even death.
Atlantic Training's Safety Awareness 101 Training DVD reminds employees that if they know the types of hazards that they can encounter in their jobs, they can guard against them and often prevent them from occurring. Upon completion of the program, employees should be able to:
This Safety Awareness 101 Training DVD Covers:
- How to Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Understand the importance of being safe on the job.
- Recognize hazards they may encounter in the workplace.
- Understand how good housekeeping can prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Know how to use hand and power tools, and powered machinery, safely.
- Understand specific procedures that can help to prevent forklift accidents.
- Know how to avoid electrical hazards.
- Understand how to use personal protective equipment (PPE) to guard against workplace hazards.
- Understand how their facility's Emergency Action Plan can save lives and minimize damage in a crisis.
- Know what to do when confronted by health emergencies in the workplace.
- Click here to watch a FREE full-length 33 minute preview.
Slips, trips and falls are major cause of injuries will it that be in work and at home. It could be out in the flat, on the shaft floor, out in the field, in the office or on the front stairs of your home. The good news is to preventing slips, trips and falls is not complicated; it takes a combination of being aware of your surroundings, practicing good housekeeping and using equipment properly. Whenever possible remove debris, sweeping and regular scanning for hazards will help you avoid slip. Keep the floors and walk ways in your work area free of clutter. Use ladder properly for reaching heights, use it them improperly and you greatly increase your risk of injury. Inspect the ladder before you use it, look for cracks and loose or broken ranks.