How Illnesses And Injuries Are Recorded

This 2 minute safety training video covers: What is OSHA 300 Log of Work-Related Injuries, what is OSHA 301 Injury and Illness Incident Report, why information on the 300 and 301 forms are important, what is the content of Form 300A, how many years should a company keep the injury and illness records.

Video Transcript

The OSHA 300 form is called the log of work-related injuries and illnesses, the 300A is the summary of that log and the OSHA 301 form is called the injury and illness incident report. You must enter each recordable injury or illness on the OSHA 300 log and 301 incident report within 7 calendar days of receiving information about the occurrence. Equivalent forms may be used as long as they have the same information and completed at the same way as the OSHA forms and if your computer system can produce equivalent forms when needed you may computerized your records.