Belt Sander Racing
Safety Awareness 101 for New Employees Training Video & DVD Program
Starting a new job always gives people plenty to think about. There's learning their new responsibilities and procedures, meeting new coworkers, and getting familiar with the facility itself. But there's something else they need to keep in mind as well, something very important… workplace safety. Workplace safety means thinking "safety first" on the first day of the job, and every day thereafter. Because that's how employees can help themselves, and each other, avoid hazards that can lead to accident, injury… and even death.Objectives
This education and training program reminds employees that if they know the types of hazards that they can encounter in their jobs, they can guard against them and often prevent them from occurring. Upon completion of the program, employees should be able to:
- Understand the importance of being safe on the job.
- Recognize hazards they may encounter in the workplace.
- Understand how good housekeeping can prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Know how to lift and carry safely.
- Know how to use hand and power tools, and powered machinery, safely.
- Understand specific procedures that can help to prevent forklift accidents.
- Know how to avoid electrical hazards.
- Understand how to use personal protective equipment (PPE) to guard against workplace hazards.
- Understand how their facility's Emergency Action Plan can save lives and minimize damage in a crisis.
- Know what to do when confronted by health emergencies in the workplace.