March 17, 2008
Do you feel your employees know how to work safely at hazardous waste site, where the dangers are real?
OSHA feels that it is important for Employers to provide proper training to their employees onto recognizing dangerous substances as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly. OSHA has mandated that anyone working with hazardous materials have to get comprehensive training in this area. The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) training program is designed to help employers in complying with employees training requirements of OSHA’s HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120) which states that employees dealing with hazardous materials and waste have to take OSHA 40 HR HAZWOPER Training.
This 40 HAZWOPER Training comes with 40 hours of classroom training which includes videos, manuals, tests and handouts. After completion of classroom training, three days of hands-on training will be given to employees to check their skills on real time dangers they may face while working on hazardous sites. Many of those who take HAZWOPER training may also need the 40-hour certification. This 40-hours certification can be availed by combining HAZWOPER Online Training with a 16-hour supplemental classroom training which fully satisfy the requirements of OSHA regulations.
The 24 HR HAZWOPER Training requires minimum 24 hours classroom training and one day onsite training. This training is helpful for the employees who are under published Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
The HAZWOPER Training Program comes with 16 videos, more than 200 pages HAZWOPER training manual with tests, handouts and CD-ROM to meet OSHA required 8 hours, 24 hours or 40 HAZWOPER training requirements.
With this program, you’ll:
- Meet the 8-, 24-, and 40-hour HAZWOPER training requirements Combine this comprehensive library with hands-on training to meet the 40-hour HAZWOPER training requirements.
- Train new employees, or meet refresher training requirements Without hiring expensive outside trainers
- Save time and money With ready-to-use and accurate training materials.
- Ensure your training is effective Employees will learn how to recognize, properly handle, and dispose of hazardous materials with this invaluable HAZWOPER safety training.
- Bonding/grounding of flammable liquid transfers
- Chemical protective clothing
- Chemical safety
- Environmental regulations of chemical materials
- Fire prevention responsibility
- Hazardous materials spill cleanup
- HAZWOPER donning-doffing decontamination
- HAZWOPER identifying hazardous materials
- HAZWOPER medical program
- HAZWOPER orientation
- Introduction to industrial toxicology
- Lifesaving through air monitoring
- NFPA hazardous materials labeling I.D.
- On-site safety considerations
- Respiratory protection selection and use
- S.T.E.P. (safety training and emergency preparedness)
Remember that OSHA HAZWOPER training can be certified by employers only neither training institutes nor tutors are eligible to certify employees. If OSHA finds any misconduct in employee’s training program than employers are liable to pay hefty fines not the training provider as it’s employer’s responsibility.