Over the years, electrocution has become the fourth leading cause of death in the construction industry. Contrary to common perception, it does not take a great deal of electricity to cause an electrocution. Just the amount of current that it takes to light a common Christmas Tree bulb can stop the heart and result in death.
There are a number of causes of shock, electrical burns and electrocution. If the power to electrical equipment is not grounded, the grounding path has been broken, or there are live parts or bare wires, a fault current can travel through your body. Even when a piece of equipment or a tool is properly grounded, it can instantly change from safe to hazardous because of extreme conditions or rough treatment. So employees need to know what hazards to watch out for and how they can protect themselves.
The first in a two-part series on electrocution hazards, Atlantic's Electrocution Hazards In Construction Environments PART I… Types of Hazards and How You Can Protect Yourself training video discusses the major types of electrocution hazards, and how employees can protect themselves from electrical hazards and electrocution in construction environments. Topics covered in these products include:
- (2) Training DVDs - (1) in English and (1) in Spanish Closed Captioned DVD with digital trainer tools for each.
- (1) Year of Updates: In the event there are any changes made to the products in the course of 1 year from purchase, we will provide you with the updated material ensuring your are always OSHA compliant and have the latest content.
- (10) Streaming Accesses - 10 Free accesses to hundreds of training programs. This includes streaming access to the English and Spanish versions of this course, as well as all included downloadable written materials: (Quiz, test, leaders guide and more) from anywhere you have internet access including mobile devices.
- (1) Trainer Tools - A comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
* DVD Only options only include DVD of choice along with Trainer Tools.
Optional Network license also available. These annual licenses allow you to digitize the DVD program/written materials and place onto your local network so that it can be viewed by various departments without having to pass around a DVD. Pricing is based upon the title(s) chose and the estimated employees trained per year. For more information please contact us at 1-800-975-7640
Online Interactive Training Also Available. For more information visit our online training page or call 1-800-975-7640
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS. View our SCORM page for more details.