JJ Keller Entry-Level Driver Training Module 01: Orientation Training Video Program
This online course is designed to introduce learners to some of the basics when it comes to the trucking industry—how it is regulated, the qualifications they must meet, and some of the terms they need to understand.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Welcome to the Trucking Industry
- Interstate vs. Intrastate
- A Regulated Industry
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- Other Regulations
- State & Local Laws & Regulations
- Getting Your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- CDL Classes
- Driver Qualifications
- Physical Qualification & Examination
- CDL/Med Card Merger
- Driver Qualification (DQ) File
- Driver Disqualification
- Major Offenses
- Serious Traffic Violations
- Out-of-Service Violations
- Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing Violations
- Alcohol & Drug Testing
- Alcohol Misuse & Drug Use
- The Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Size & Weight Limitations
- Federal Size & Weight Limits
- The Bridge Formula
- Weigh Stations
- Height Limitations (Low Clearance)
- After completing this training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the agencies responsible for regulating the trucking industry and explain the importance of complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Describe the procedure for obtaining a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Identify the required driver qualifications and what causes a disqualification
- Discuss alcohol and drug prohibitions and the types of testing drivers can expect under various circumstances
- Recognize the basic components of a combination vehicle and the size and weight limits established for traveling on the National Network
- Intended Audience: Drivers who are applying for an initial commercial driver’s license (CDL) or drivers upgrading their current CDL.
- Length: 40 minutes
- Language: Available in English
- Copyright Date: 2019
- Reg Covered: Unit A1.1.1 Orientation = This unit must introduce driver-trainees to the combination vehicle driver training curriculum and the components of a combination vehicle. The training providers must teach the safety fundamentals, essential regulatory requirements (e.g., overview of FMCSRs and Hazardous Materials Regulations), and driver-trainees’ responsibilities not directly related to CMV driving, such as proper cargo securement. This unit must also cover the ramifications, including driver disqualification provisions and fines, for non-compliance with parts 380, 382, 383, and 390 through 399 of the FMCSRs. This unit must also include an overview of the applicability of State and local laws relating to the safe operation of the CMV, stopping at weigh stations/scales, hazard awareness of vehicle size and weight limitations, low clearance areas (e.g., CMV height restrictions), and bridge formulas.
Optional Network licensing also available to download the video to your system.
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS or ours (SafetySoft).
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.