Fall Protection for Construction - Online Training Course
Our video-on-demand format allows users to stream our videos from anywhere including mobile devices. Each title includes an embed feature that allows users to add these videos to their existing training platform or LMS with a simple cut and paste process.
All titles are available in various languages and include needed written materials such as a leader's guide, tests, answer key, wallet cards, attendance logs, and more.See your Price today
This product is available to load into your current platform or LMS as well. Whether your platform is Scorm compliant or not, you can add a single topic or our complete library, with ease by using a simple upload or cutting and pasting of embed code.See your Price today
Our SafetySoft training platform allows you to view this course in a classroom environment, or assign to your team individually with testing and recordkeeping capabilities for each training.
You can also create your own trainings on any topic, or add from any other vendor, if you choose, as well as manage your incident, accident, and illness records. All of this one location is more affordable than your Microsoft office application.See your Price today
Fall protection is one of the most frequently cited OSHA violations, due to lack of proper equipment and training. Falls are the leading cause of death among private construction industry workers, accounting for over 35% of all fatalities.
OSHA requires the use of fall protection when working at heights of six feet or greater above a lower level — and at any height when working above dangerous equipment — at all construction job sites under CFR 1926 Subpart M, "Fall Protection." This program will help employees comply with this regulation.
This program is designed to help learners recognize the hazards of falling and how to minimize them. Specifically, it will cover the potential hazards and protective measures they can take to help prevent injuries while working on elevated working platforms and runways, or near the floor, wall, or window openings.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Potential Hazards
- Unsafe Environment
- Unsafe Equipment
- Unsafe Behavior
- Fall Protection Systems
- Guardrail Systems
- Safety Net Systems
- Warning Line Systems
- Controlled Access Zones
- Safety Monitoring Systems
- Falling Object Protection
- Personal Fall Protection
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Positioning Device Systems
- Using Fall Protection Safely
- Choosing the Right Equipment
- Attending Training
- Inspecting Equipment
- Using Equipment
- Storing Equipment
- Performing Maintenance
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain potential fall hazards on the job site and describe appropriate ways to eliminate or prevent them
- Identify various forms of fall protection equipment and scenarios when each would be appropriate
- Recognize how to select, inspect, use, and store equipment properly
- Intended Audience: Any employee in the construction industry who is susceptible to falls while working on elevated surfaces, work platforms or runways, or near the floor, wall, or window openings.
- Regs Covered: CFR 1926 Subpart M
- Length: 25 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2018
- Available in both English & Spanish.
This course can be completed using a tablet device, such as an iPad or Android tablet. We do not recommend nor support using a mobile device with a screen size of fewer than seven inches, such as a smartphone.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones, soundcard or onboard audio source
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 19 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 25 or higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of those browsers as well as the latest version of Flash.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however, the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Minimum bandwidth availability of 1.5 Mbps. 3.0 Mbps or higher recommended.