Fall Prevention for General Industry Training Video Program
- Shows some of the most common fall hazards and explains how your employees can avoid them
- J. J. Keller's Fall Prevention for General Industry covers:
- Fall-Protection Systems
- Surface Hazards
- Work Surfaces
- Personal Protective Equipment
- And more
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
Falls are the fourth leading cause of work-related fatalities in the United States. J. J. Keller's Fall Prevention for General Industry training program can teach your employees how to prevent falls ... to help keep insurance premiums low, maintain productivity and control workers' comp costs.
13506 (200-DVD) - DVD Training - Fall Prevention for General Industry - Training Video Program
Copyright Date : 2002
ISBN : 978-1-60287-287-5
- (1) Closed-Captioned DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Product Code: 7628 (398-H) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (11) Employee Handbooks - Product Code: 7624 (397-H) - Provides a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Reviews key points and includes quizzes to check employees’ understanding of the material.
- (1) Training Log - Helps you record essential details.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet - Product Code: 7626 (139-BC) - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sold in sheets of 10. Prices are per card.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 7627 (200-K -P) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Access chapters by topic.
- Introduction - Opens with a brief scenario of a worker falling after using a ladder improperly. Discusses how common falls are, how they can result in serious injuries, and the high costs of falls.
- Falls Defined - Divides falls into two categories: falls on the same level and falls from an elevation. Discusses how force is generated when you fall, so that falls at “minor” elevation can result in very bad injuries.
- Fall Hazards and Prevention - Discusses the key ways to eliminate falls: housekeeping, proper maintenance and repair of general surfaces, using signs and markings to warn of hazards, proper training.
- Ladders - Using the correct ladder for the job; inspecting the ladder before you use it; placing the ladder correctly (4 to 1 rule); climbing the ladder safely; following load ratings.
- Stairs, Ramps and Bridging Devices - Discusses safety considerations when using stairs: using handrails, housekeeping, removing physical obstructions, non-slip finishes, lighting. Discusses safety considerations when using ramps and bridging devices: housekeeping, removing from service when defective, training, using fall protection, proper overlap with the dock and vehicle.
- Elevated Work Areas - Discusses safety considerations when using scaffolds: using the right scaffold, following load ratings, proper assembly and deck overlap, keeping tools and materials organized. Discusses safety considerations when using mobile ladder stands: following warnings and restrictions, using wheel locks, using proper inspection, placement and climbing techniques. Discusses safety considerations when using elevated work platforms: training, making sure the platform is on a solid, level surface, using wheel chocks, testing lift controls, securing tools and materials, using PPE.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Provides information on general PPE, such as proper footwear, hard hats and eye protection. Provides information on fall protection systems: guardrails, handrails and stair rails, and safety net systems. Provides information on personal fall arrest systems: safety belts, lanyards and harnesses.
- Conclusion - Reiterates the importance of fall hazard recognition and prevention.
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary - Offers interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
Optional Network licensing also available to download the video to your system.
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS or ours (SafetySoft).
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.