Confined Spaces: Entry Team Training - Construction Activities Training Video Program
Our video-on-demand format allows users to stream our videos from anywhere including mobile devices. Each title includes an embed feature that allows users to add these videos to their existing training platform or LMS with a simple cut and paste process.
All titles are available in various languages and include needed written materials such as a leader's guide, tests, answer key, wallet cards, attendance logs, and more.See your Price today
This product is available to load into your current platform or LMS as well. Whether your platform is Scorm compliant or not, you can add a single topic or our complete library, with ease by using a simple upload or cutting and pasting of embed code.See your Price today
Our SafetySoft training platform allows you to view this course in a classroom environment, or assign to your team individually with testing and recordkeeping capabilities for each training.
You can also create your own trainings on any topic, or add from any other vendor, if you choose, as well as manage your incident, accident, and illness records. All of this one location is more affordable than your Microsoft office application.See your Price today
OSHA issued a final standard for construction work in confined spaces, which will take effect August 3, 2015. The new standard, Subpart AA of 29 CFR 1926, sets requirements for practices and procedures to protect employees engaged in construction activities at a worksite with one or more confined spaces. However, the standard does not apply to construction work regulated elsewhere in Part 1926 for excavations, underground construction, and diving operations.
- The new OSHA Standard requires that companies that do construction activities must "ensure that each of its employees who enter a confined space acquires the knowledge and skill necessary for the safe performance of confined space entry operations"
- Addresses initial and refresher training requirements for the core members of entry team:
- Authorized entrants
- Entry supervisors
- Covers general aspects of working safely in confined spaces while ensuring compliance with the training requirements of the new regulation
- Covers a variety of spaces safety and compliance topics:
- Overview of new regulation
- Hazards inherent to confined spaces on construction jobsites
- Precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered
- How to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions
- Proper use of required protective and emergency equipment
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 25-minute video - Provides an overview of the new confined spaces regulation; hazards inherent to confined spaces on construction jobsites; precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered; how to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions; and proper use of required protective and emergency equipment.
- (1) Trainer Guide - Product Codes: 39450 (830-H) - Helps trainers prepare for and deliver effective training sessions and provides an overview of the new standard and the new employer requirements related to it.
- (11) Employee Handbook - Product Codes: 39451 (831-H) - This reference reinforces training. It follows the information in the Training Video Program and provides employees with an easy-to-use, post-training resource. Also provides key definitions (published in the final rule).
- (10) Wallet Cards - Product Codes: 39452 (303-BC) - Provides quick, simple proof that training has been completed. Includes one wallet card sheet, perforated to provide 10 cards.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Codes: 39449 (727-K -P) - A full-color, photo-based reminder of the key issues of confined spaces. Helps train “other” construction workers – those who work around confined spaces but are not part of a trained entry team – on the warning signs used to mark confined spaces and what they mean.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Includes a host of materials that trainers can use to enhance and add variety to training: PowerPoint® presentation; additional quiz questions (and an answer key); photo-based images and posters; learning activities; examples of pertinent forms; a training certificate; sample confined spaces written plan; and a training log to help track attendance
Training Video Program Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program (running time: 30 minutes)
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Characteristics of confined spaces and the risks of working in them.
- OSHA requirements that employees need to know.
- How to stay safe when working around a confined space.
- Employer requirements for identifying and classifying confined spaces.
- Hazards of confined spaces:
- Physical hazards:
- Hazardous energy.
- Underground utilities.
- Communication problems.
- Entry and exit difficulties.
- Atmospheric hazards:
- Oxygen deficiencies.
- Flammable air.
- Toxic air contaminants.
- Physical hazards:
- Precautions to be taken before entering a confined space:
- The entry permit.
- Hazardous atmosphere tests.
- Controlling engulfment, mechanical, electrical and pressure hazards.
- The confined space entry team and their roles.
- Safe entry of a confined space:
- The steps of a typical pre-entry sequence.
- The steps of a typical entry sequence, including cancellation requirements.
- Proper use of required protective equipment.
- How to recognize and avoid hazards while in the space.
- Communication requirements.
- Planning for a rescue:
- The steps of a typical rescue procedure.
- Examples of confined space accidents.
- Why untrained workers must never attempt a rescue.
- Bonus Materials
- Quiz (10 questions with video remediation)
- Note to Trainers (running time: 5 minutes)
- Respiratory Protection: Breathing Safely
- Lockout/Tagout: Your Key to Safety
- Forklift Workshop for Construction
Optional Network licensing also available to download the video to your system.
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS or ours (SafetySoft).
The Differences between the Confined Space Construction and General Industry Versions. C9 CFR 1926. Click below to see video
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.