CMV Driver Basics for Entry-Level - Online Training
Our video-on-demand format allows users to stream our videos from anywhere including mobile devices. Each title includes an embed feature that allows users to add these videos to their existing training platform or LMS with a simple cut and paste process.
All titles are available in various languages and include needed written materials such as a leader's guide, tests, answer key, wallet cards, attendance logs, and more.See your Price today
This product is available to load into your current platform or LMS as well. Whether your platform is Scorm compliant or not, you can add a single topic or our complete library, with ease by using a simple upload or cutting and pasting of embed code.See your Price today
Our SafetySoft training platform allows you to view this course in a classroom environment, or assign to your team individually with testing and recordkeeping capabilities for each training.
You can also create your own trainings on any topic, or add from any other vendor, if you choose, as well as manage your incident, accident, and illness records. All of this one location is more affordable than your Microsoft office application.See your Price today
CMV Driver Basics
Course Length: 50 minutes
Overview: The job of a professional driver comes with many responsibilities. As well as knowing how to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle (CMV), drivers are expected to handle a variety of other duties ranging from handling cargo to passenger safety to customer service. In order to handle all of these responsibilities, you must understand the importance of operating safely, being a qualified driver, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
This course is designed to provide drivers with basic information about being a CMV driver.
After completing this course, learners will be able to identify the four critical topics that every CMV driver should be familiar with:
- Driver qualification – become familiar with the requirements of Section 391.11 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). This includes general qualifications, physical qualifications, and what can cause disqualification.
- Driver wellness - identify what constitutes wellness, such as cholesterol levels, blood pressure, weight and diet, exercise, alcohol and drug use, stress, and fatigue.
- Hours of service – discuss what is required by the hours-of-service regulations and what information should be recorded on the record of duty status.
- Whistleblower protection – become familiar with driver rights and how they are protected from retaliation from their employers for filing a complaint about a violation of a safety or health regulation.
CMV Driver Basics from J. J. Keller covers the following topics:
- General Qualifications
- Physical Qualifications
- Driver Disqualification
- Driver Wellness
- Blood Cholesterol
- Blood Pressure
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Hours of Service
- Hours of Service
- Record of Duty Status
- Whistleblower Protection
- Filing a Complaint
NOTICE: This training course provides general HOS information only. It will be necessary - to meet the entry-level driver training requirements (Part 380) - to cover specific regulatory details based on the type of CMV (property- or passenger-carrying) your drivers will be operating. This information is addressed in the Hours of Service: A Driver's Guide (648-IDC-K and 648-CMM-P) interactive training.
Note: You will receive login information for your Interactive Online Training order within 24 hours, Monday - Thursday. Orders placed on Friday after 1:00 PM Central will be processed on the next business day.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 17 and higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of Flash. We do NOT support iPad/iPhone/Android-based tablets and devices at this time.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller'sTraining On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points