Cargo Securement FLATBEDS - Online Training
Our video-on-demand format allows users to stream our videos from anywhere including mobile devices. Each title includes an embed feature that allows users to add these videos to their existing training platform or LMS with a simple cut and paste process.
All titles are available in various languages and include needed written materials such as a leader's guide, tests, answer key, wallet cards, attendance logs, and more.See your Price today
This product is available to load into your current platform or LMS as well. Whether your platform is Scorm compliant or not, you can add a single topic or our complete library, with ease by using a simple upload or cutting and pasting of embed code.See your Price today
Our SafetySoft training platform allows you to view this course in a classroom environment, or assign to your team individually with testing and recordkeeping capabilities for each training.
You can also create your own trainings on any topic, or add from any other vendor, if you choose, as well as manage your incident, accident, and illness records. All of this one location is more affordable than your Microsoft office application.See your Price today
- Program addresses the requirements of 49 CFR Section 392.9 and Part 393, Subpart I
- Covers key topics, including:
- Pre-trip and en route responsibilities related to cargo loading, cargo inspection, and cargo securement
- Differences between direct tiedown and indirect tiedown methods
- How each method affects the number of tiedowns required
- Restraining capacity of tiedown devices, how to determine them, and how they affect cargo securement
- Determining the minimum number of tiedowns required for loads, and know why it often makes sense to go above and beyond the minimum requirements
- Proper cargo securement techniques
- How cargo securement and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) are related
- Securement requirements for several common types of cargo typically hauled by flatbeds
This course is features J. J. Keller’s exclusive Check On Learning exercises designed to put the student’s comprehension to the test in unique and highly interactive simulations.
- Related Regulations:
This program addresses the requirements of 49 CFR Section 392.9 and Part 393, Subpart I.
- Time Involvement: Approximately 60 minutes
- Course Lessons:
- Introduction – Getting Started, Course Highlights, Pretest, What You’ll Learn
- Cargo Securement – Why It’s Important, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, CSA
- Pre-Trip Planning – Key Concepts, Develop a Plan
- Pre-Trip Responsibilities – Walk-around Inspection, Loading and Securing Cargo, En Route Inspections
- Common Commodities – Heavy Equipment, Lumber & Building Materials, Metal Coils, Concrete Pipe, Logs
- Conclusion – Summary, Time to Review, Final Exam
- Producer: Copyright 2012, J. J. Keller and Associates, Inc.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 17 and higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of Flash. We do NOT support iPad/iPhone/Android-based tablets and devices at this time.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller's Training On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.