Utilities / Public Works Training
Employees in the public works and utilities industry face a variety of job hazards, such as confined spaces, lifting, infectious insects, traffic, heat, freezing weather, chemicals and equipment. Complacency about any of these hazards may result in permanent damage or e...
Employees in the public works and utilities industry face a variety of job hazards, such as confined spaces, lifting, infectious insects, traffic, heat, freezing weather, chemicals and equipment. Complacency about any of these hazards may result in permanent damage or even death. Despite the variety of hazards faced by utility and public works employees, there is Utilities safety training available that can help work zone employees to noticing, reporting, and preventing the damage of these hazards. Compliance and Safety offers a wide variety of comprehensive Work Zone Utilities Public training programs available for both Utility companies and public Work facilities, for employees from entry level to executives.
OSHA's Position On Utilities / Public Works Training
When it comes to the public works and utilities industry, there are a number of hazardous situations that can arise. Because of this, OSHA has stipulated mandatory regulations designed to reduce/eliminate these dangers. The training videos, that we provide, offers details of these regulations that would include, for example, welding training directives (OSHA 1910.252 (a)(2)(xiii)(C)). OSHA has defined these regulations as a way of protecting employees and saving money for agencies that utilize materials and job descriptions that can cause hazardous situations. At Compliance and Safety we offer a variety of training materials that include:
- HAZCOM directives aimed at communicating all potential chemical hazards (OSHA 1910.1200(a)(1))
- Trenching and Excavation Safety Training (OSHA 1910.120(b)(1)(iii))
- Stormwater Runoff Training
- Hazard Communication for Public Employees Training
- Flagger, Signs, Signals and Barricades Training (OSHA 126.201)
- Disaster Workers Code of Safe Practices
- Asbestos Safety Training (OSHA 1926.1101)
In addition, we can also provide a research time and expense reduction option through our “Public Agency Training Package”, which includes a selection of 10 videos that you select, based on your OSHA compliance needs.
In addition to our high quality and engaging videos, we also supply training tools that come bundled with many of our training packages, which include; Printable Leader’s Guides, Quizzes, Customizable PowerPoint© Presentations and other tools. With these training materials at your disposal, you can meet your OSHA compliance needs as well as protect your employers and the safety of those around them.
Please look over our high quality Utilities/Public Works videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA’s training objectives without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Landscape Maintenance (Public Agency) Training Video ProgramTopics included in this safety video are: properly dress for work, follow your company's policy for equipment maintenance, batteries, mower blades, safety devices on the equipment,... Learn More
- Backhoe Operations for Public Works Training VideoTopics included in this safety video are: you must be trained on the specific equipment you will be using, operator’s manual, PPE, tip-overs, ten commandments of backhoe safety, ... Learn More