Trench and Shoring Safety
Working in and around trenches can be extremely dangerous and costs businesses millions of dollars a year in damages. Excavation and trenching accidents were the leading cause of disabling injuries and suffocation in the construction industry during 2009. Compliance and...
Working in and around trenches can be extremely dangerous and costs businesses millions of dollars a year in damages. Excavation and trenching accidents were the leading cause of disabling injuries and suffocation in the construction industry during 2009. Compliance and Safety offers training programs the enables companies and employees in the prevention of those accidents and damages. Cave-in prevention is the critical message of most of the comprehensive program available to you. During the training you will see several different forms of shoring, in a variety of different work sites, demonstrate best safety practices to follow on the job. Training your employees with our Trenching & Shoring Safety programs will help keep your employees safe and your job on schedule.
OSHA's Position On Trench and Shoring Safety Training
Trenching and Excavating are recognised as extremely hazardous construction operations. As such, damages caused by these activities cost businesses millions of dollars every year. Even worse, in 2009, trenching and excavation accidents were the leading cause of disabling injuries and suffocation within the construction industry! According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health statistics an average of 60 workers die in cave-ins annually. Many of these deaths have been subsequently found to be completely preventable. As a result, OSHA has addressed this concern with mandatory excavation safety standards (OSHA 1926.651).
In order to facilitate OSHA regulation compliance, we are offering a complete and comprehensive set of training videos along with additional training tools as a one-stop location for your OSHA compliance training needs. The subjects covered in our training materials include:
- Timber Shoring standards (OSHA 926.652(c)(1))
- Trenching and Shoring basics
- Soil properties pertaining to excavations
- Actual cave-in scenarios and emergency training
- Installing trench boxes and shields (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.652(g))
- Installing Hydraulic Shoring
- Soil Testing (OSHA 1926.651 and OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App A: Soil Classification)
- and many more topics
In addition to the professional training videos that we can provide, we also have other training tools available, as well. Some of these may be obtained separately and some are bundled with specific training videos. These include; Customizable PowerPoint™ presentation, guides, Excavation Handbooks, Quizzes and other materials.
Please look over our high quality Trench and Shoring Safety Videos and supplies. Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Trenching and Shoring Safety in Construction Environments Safety Training Video ProgramTwenty percent of workplace fatalities in the U.S. involve construction workers, but their chances of getting killed on the job more than double when they're working in a trench. A... Learn More
- Trench and Excavation Rescue Safety Training VideoSafety Video for Training rescuers who could respond to the scene of a trench or excavation collapse where there are trapped victims. Provides Operations and Technician Level train... Learn More
- Trenching & Shoring Safety Basics For Field PersonnelThis training program has been developed specifically for those persons actually working in or around trenches, excavations. An excellent refresher course for anyone in this categ... Learn More
- JJ Keller Trenching & Shoring Safety Training Video ProgramReduce the risk of excavation-site accidents with this powerful training tool. Online preview available.... Learn More
- Excavation & Trenching Safety Training Video ProgramThis Excavation & Trenching Training Video Program - This Training Video Program employee safety training kit was designed to train a single student or an entire classroom.... Learn More