Safety Showers & Eye Wash
No matter how much training or how many precautions an employee takes, accidents can still happen. In these situations, remaining calm but quick responses are essential. When an accident occurs that involves hazardous materials, using a safety shower or eyewash can be e...
No matter how much training or how many precautions an employee takes, accidents can still happen. In these situations, remaining calm but quick responses are essential. When an accident occurs that involves hazardous materials, using a safety shower or eyewash can be extremely important and could possibly save an employees life. OSHA requires any companies that use, manufacture, handles, or distribute hazardous materials to have Safety showers and/or eyewash stations located throughout the facility. OSHAs regulations also require employers to provide training to all employees, on how to use the showers and eyewash stations. Our "Safety Showers and Eye Washes" training programs review situations when safety showers and eyewashes should be used, as well as how to properly use them. Other topics covered in these products include: Types of showers and eye washes, How to operate showers and eye washes correctly, Chemical splashes, Appropriate shower and eye wash techniques, Helping an accident victim use a shower/eye wash, First aid, Maintenance and testing of showers and eye washes, and more.
OSHA's Position On Safety Showers Training
OSHA has established mandatory workplace regulations regarding the availability of safety showers and eyewash stations. These stations are also required to be inspected on a regular schedule in order to establish condition and functionality. These mandates apply to companies that employ/store hazardous materials that could cause injury to employee’s eyes or other body parts. (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.151(c)) The training materials that we provide are designed to instruct employees regarding the correct use of safety shower and eye wash stations. The training videos also demonstrate the correct procedures when assisting another employee who has just had an accidental hazardous chemical splash and requires immediate attention. The topics that are covered by these videos include:
- How Hazardous Materials Can Damage the Eyes and Skin
- The Different Types of Eye Washes and Safety Showers
- Operating Safety Showers and Eye Washes
- Helping an Accident Victim With Safety Shower/Eye Wash Use
- Safety Shower and Eye Wash Maintenance
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Used When Working With Hazardous Materials (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.133)
- Other safety shower/eye wash issues.
In addition to our high quality and comprehensive DVD video presentations, we also offer other types of training supplies that include; CD-ROM Format Training Programs, Work and Break Area Posters and Training Booklets.
By having safety showers and eye washes, along with the proper training, serious and even life-threatening injuries can be avoided through immediate action. Therefore, it’s critical that employees who are subject to hazardous material injuries, such as corrosive chemical splashes, be afforded this type of protection.
Please look over our high quality Safety Showers Training and supplies that will allow you to meet OSHA’s training objectives, without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Safety Showers & Eye Washes Training Video ProgramCovers: Types of showers and eye washes, how to operate showers and eye washes correctly, chemical splashes, appropriate shower and eye wash techniques, helping an accident victim ... Learn More
- Safety Showers & Eye Washes in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: Getting to eye washes and safety showers in an emergency, operating showers and eye washes, exposure to corrosive substances, testing eye wash and shower equipment, using s... Learn More