HazCom (GHS) Hazard Communications
There are hundreds of chemicals used throughout the building and construction industry every day. Most chemicals used are harsh enough to cause temporary to permanent damage to an employee if not used with caution. Some chemicals may even cause death with improper use o...
There are hundreds of chemicals used throughout the building and construction industry every day. Most chemicals used are harsh enough to cause temporary to permanent damage to an employee if not used with caution. Some chemicals may even cause death with improper use or if an accident occurs. OSHAs regulations state that, all employees that may come into contact with Hazardous Chemicals, must be informed and trained of what they are working around or working with. Our "Right-To-Know for Building and Construction Companies", introduces employees to the "Right-To-Know" regulations and provide comprehensive training on the various types of chemicals found in building and construction environments. Our training products assist building and construction companies of all types in complying with federal, state and municipal "Right-To-Know" regulations, this kit also addresses the major education and training requirements in these "chemical hazard" laws. Topics include: Chemical hazard concepts, The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Types of hazardous chemicals, Characteristics and effects of various types of chemicals, Safe handling practices, Canister labels and the labeling process, Selecting and using the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), Spills and cleanup, and more.
OSHA's Position On Right to Know & Hazcom Training
OSHA’s focus on the dangers of hazardous chemicals includes an emphasis on hazard communication in the building and construction industry. OSHA realizes, of course, that for a safety program to be effective, employees require the training needed to be aware of potential hazards, proper work procedures and what to do in case of an accident. In the case of hazardous chemicals, these issues are addressed under OSHA’s "Right-To-Know"regulations. These mandatory rules are designed to comprehensively instruct employees who have or may come in contact with hazardous chemicals in the workplace. Additionally, we also provide building and construction training materials that cover other sources of worksite hazards. The instructional DVD video programs and other training materials that we offer cover topics that include:
- Safe Chemical Handling Procedures
- Proper Labeling of Chemicals
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) (OSHA 1910.1200(g)(1))
- Evacuation Procedures (OSHA 1910.38(c)(2))
- Spill Cleanup Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (OSHA 1910.120)
- And other topics listed under the “Right-to-Know” regulations.
In addition to our informative and engaging DVD video presentations, we also provide other types of training tools as well. These include; CD-ROM Format Training Programs, Employee Booklets, Training Booklets, Awareness Posters and materials that come bundled with many of our training programs. With these instructional tools in your training library, you will be able to comply with OSHA mandatory regulations through the ability to keep your employees informed when it comes to federal and state “Right-to-Know” requirements. In addition, this information will serve to keep the workplace safe from chemical hazards.
Please look over our high quality “Right-to-Know” & HAZCOM Training materials that will allow you to completely meet your company’s OSHA training objectives without having to look elsewhere! Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
- HazCom (GHS) in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramCovers: GHS safety data sheets and container labels, toxins, corrosives and irritants, flammables, combustibles and gases, carcinogens and radiation, exposure situations, PPE and c... Learn More
- GHS Safety Data Sheets in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramCovers: MSDS and GHS SDS's, materials and their hazards, hazardous materials emergencies, handling hazardous materials, & more.... Learn More
- GHS Container Labels in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramCovers: How the GHS changes chemical hazard labeling, GHS labels' text elements, GHS labels' pictograms, training and phase-in dates, & more.... Learn More
- Introduction to GHS (The Globally Harmonized System for Construction Workers) Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: What is the GHS, why did OSHA adopt the GHS, hazard classification, the "safety data sheet", container labeling (text elements), container labeling (pictograms), informatio... Learn More
- All 3 GHS Construction Safety Training Video Program PackageComes with Atlantic Training’s Introduction to GHS Safety, GHS Container Labeling, and GHS Safety Data Sheets training.... Learn More