Laboratory safety training courses teach employees that work in laboratory facilities how to protect themselves and others while working in the lab. The training programs are comprehensive videos that teach your employees the importance of using personal protective equi...
Laboratory safety training courses teach employees that work in laboratory facilities how to protect themselves and others while working in the lab. The training programs are comprehensive videos that teach your employees the importance of using personal protective equipment and safe work practices while working in and around a lab environment. The training also teaches employees how to read an MSDS, store chemicals properly, use engineering controls, and how to respond during an emergency situation. Our Lab Safety training programs meet all of OSHAs lab standard regulation. Our unique line of OSHA Laboratory training programs are available on VHS,DVD and Interactive CD-ROM for easy and convenient training.
OSHA's Position On Laboratory Safety Training
Laboratories can inherently be hazardous work environments. However, even labs that don’t deal exclusively in hazardous materials (such as toxins, blood pathogens, etc.) can present situations in which employees will need to protect themselves and others. This is why OSHA has mandatory regulations pertaining to laboratory safety. These regulations pertain to the correct handling of substances in the laboratory as well as the need for the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The training videos and tools that we provide on this site are designed to instruct lab employees in areas that involve:
- Hazardous materials in the lab (OSHA 1910.1450)
- Fume hood usage
- Emergency showers and eye washes
- Proper chemical storage
- Hazard communication (OSHA 1910.1200)
- Air contaminants (OSHA 1910.1000)
- Electrical Safety (OSHA 1910.303)
- Compressed Gases (OSHA 1910.101)
- Laboratory Ergonomics
- and other laboratory safety topics
Here, we present a unique selection of training courses that can even be obtained in VHS, DVD and Interactive CD-ROM formats. These options make it convenient for employers to set up training classes, or seminars, at any given time and location. In addition to our training videos, we also have other tools that can be effectively used, as well. These include; Safety Posters, Hazardous Material Training and other Safety Supplies. By having these training tools at your disposal, you will be prepared to present that training either as a group effort or on a single employee basis, as they are hired. This is designed to meet all of OSHA’s mandatory laboratory safety training requirements.
Please look over our high quality Laboratory Safety Training videos and supplies. Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Orientation to Laboratory Safety Training Video ProgramCovers: OSHA regulations, SDSs, planning safe experiments, personal protective equipment, ventilation controls, chemical storage, accidents and emergencies, waste disposal, & more... Learn More
- Safety Showers & Eye Washes in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: Getting to eye washes and safety showers in an emergency, operating showers and eye washes, exposure to corrosive substances, testing eye wash and shower equipment, using s... Learn More
- Electrical Safety in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: How electricity works, common electrical hazards, fuses, circuit breakers and grounding, using and maintaining electrical equipment, accidents and emergency procedures, & m... Learn More
- Compressed Gas Cylinders in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: The four ways to compress gases, hazards associated with compressed gases, proper storage procedures, marking and labeling, handling cylinders safely, connections and fitti... Learn More
- Flammables & Explosives in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: Definitions of flammables and explosives, conditions that can create hazards, the role of ventilation in preventing problems, transporting flammables and explosives, storag... Learn More
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies Training Video ProgramCovers: The emergency plan, types of emergencies, alarms and warning systems, contacting outside agencies, evacuation, fires, explosions and chemical spills, & more.... Learn More
- Preventing Contamination in the Laboratory Training Video ProgramCovers: How contamination occurs, general preventative measures, engineering controls, safe work practices, personal protective equipment, and more.... Learn More
- Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware Training Video ProgramCovers: Inspecting glassware before use, effects of extreme temperatures and pressures, matching glassware to the experiment, working with glass tubing, using personal protective e... Learn More
- GHS Safety Data Sheets in Laboratory Safety Training Video ProgramThis software was created specifically to assist facilities in complying with the employee training requirements of OSHA's newly adopted GHS regulations, these products discuss u... Learn More
- Laboratory Safety Training Twelve Part Series Training Video ProgramElements of Safety Laboratory Safety Videotape Training Series is for employees to learn safety methods, practices and tools that can reduce accidents and injuries in today's labor... Learn More
- Biological Safety In The Laboratory For Universities Training ProgramThis Biological Safety program has been developed to provide you with guidance on the safe handling of biological materials, safety practices to minimize the risk of exposure to p... Learn More