Fire Safety Training
Among all the safety problems an employee can encounter, fire is the most encountered and the most frightening. That is why Fire Prevention and Safety training is so important. Every year the lack of Fire awareness in facilities, cause hundreds of injuries, numerous fat...
Among all the safety problems an employee can encounter, fire is the most encountered and the most frightening. That is why Fire Prevention and Safety training is so important. Every year the lack of Fire awareness in facilities, cause hundreds of injuries, numerous fatalities, and billions of dollars in damages. Fire Prevention and Safety Training help employees become aware of how their own actions, or inactions, can contribute to the risk of fire. The Best way to avoid and minimize damages do to fire, is to have proper prevention training, conduct emergency drills, and refresh the employees on a annual basis of the risks.
OSHA's Position On Fire Safety Training
We, as human beings, are instinctively afraid of fires and their consequences. While this can be a good thing, it can unfortunately cause people to panic and forget to take the necessary steps in order to mitigate a fire’s destruction. Fires can occur in any environment, so it’s important to ensure that all employees are properly trained, since we can’t say who is going to be the first person to encounter a fire situation when it begins. Because of this, and other fire safety issues, OSHA has set down a number of mandatory requirements regarding fires in the workplace (OSHA 1910 Subpart E).
According to the Marine Safety and Environment Management, on an average workday, about 200 fires occur in the U.S. workplace. The results of those fires amount to approximately 200 worker fatalities, 5,000 injured and a cost of over $2 billion dollars in structural damage, equipment damage and medical expenses! In addition, fires can also destroy an entire business and cause individuals to suffer a serious decrease in their livelihoods. On this site we offer training videos and other tools that comply with OSHA’s requirements for training that include:
- Emergency exit procedures (OSHA 1910.37)
- Oral and Written Fire Prevention Plans (OSHA 1910.39(b))
- Classes of Fires
- Proper Housekeeping
- The use of portable fire extinguishers (OSHA 1910.157(a))
- Fire Prevention in Healthcare environments (OSHA Healthcare Fire Standards)
- Materials that can cause a fire (OSHA 1910 Subpart H )
- Controlling panic and harmful reactions
Please look over our high quality Fire Safety Training videos and supplies that will allow you to completely meet OSHA requirements. Afterwards, you can select the item(s) that you’ll require and then place your order. We make it easy for you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Fire Extinguishers: Putting Out The Fire Training Video ProgramAtlantic's training products on "Fire Extinguishers: Certify and Comply" look at different types of fires, discuss how they should be put out, and explain how employees can us... Learn More
- Fire Prevention in Healthcare Facilities Training Video Program"Fire Prevention in Healthcare Facilities" training products look at the fire hazards that can be encountered in healthcare environments, discuss how fires can be prevented, ... Learn More
- Fire Prevention in the Office Training Video ProgramAtlantic's "Fire Prevention in the Office" training products look at the fire hazards that can be encountered in office environments, discuss how fires can be prevented, and explai... Learn More
- Advanced Fire Extinguisher Training (Short Versions) Training VideoThere are different extinguishers for each type of fire. The object of fire extinguisher training is to save lives. This program will provide information and help become familiar w... Learn More
- Fire Safety For Long Term Care Not A Drill Training Video Program
- Portable Fire Extinguishers Protecting People And Property Training Video Program
- Fire Safety Alert, Aware, Alive Training Video Program
- Fire Extinguishers Your PASS To Safety Training Video Program
- Fire Safety Be Alert Not Alarmed Training Video Program