Drugs and Alcohol
Dealing with an employees Drug and Alcohol Abuse can be very trying for an employer and fellow employees. It can be very difficult to talk to the employee with substance abuse, their productivity may decrease or increase with unsafe practices, and put fellow employe...
Dealing with an employees Drug and Alcohol Abuse can be very trying for an employer and fellow employees. It can be very difficult to talk to the employee with substance abuse, their productivity may decrease or increase with unsafe practices, and put fellow employees in dangerous situations. Our Alcohol and Drug Awareness training program discusses the various types of substance abuse that could be found in the workplace, how they can affect an employee's work situation, and what employees themselves can do to help keep their workplace drug and alcohol free. Topics covered in these products include: How substances are typically abused by employees, Alcohol and other depressants, and their effects, Stimulants, narcotics and hallucinogens, and their effects, How people get "hooked" on drugs and alcohol, Alcohol and Drug Awareness policies, Helping employees overcome substance abuse, and more.
OSHA's Position On Drugs and Alcohol Training
Drug and alcohol abuse are topics that concern workplace management in just about every industry imaginable. With a proper focus and training initiative, these issues can be addressed in a manner that will create a safer workplace environment and maintain work productivity. But it’s acknowledged that these issues can be difficult to approach without the proper training. Additionally, OSHA has definite views on how training should be conducted and in some cases, training is federally mandated. For example, the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) requires specific training for supervisors of drivers and there are many other federally mandated safety training regulations. In order to assist you with addressing compliance issues and ensuring a safer employee environment, we offer comprehensive Drug and Alcohol Abuse Training materials. These videos and published material sets are designed to instruct both employees and supervisors. Topics that are covered include, among many others:
- Required CFR training for supervisors of drivers (32 CFR 634.13)
- Recognizing Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers
- Reasonable Abuse Suspicion Training
- D.O.T. Drug Training to meet requirements
With these training materials in your company’s library, it becomes a simple matter to schedule substance abuse awareness at convenient times that will not affect work production. You can contact us now for any additional information that you may require. Don’t delay, ensure that your organization has the necessary tools to meet compliance and create a safer work environment!
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors Training Video ProgramMost substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten workers has a drug or alcohol problem. Their behavior "under the influence" can decrease produ... Learn More
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments Training Video ProgramTopics covered in the products include: How substance abuse can affect a worksite. What substances are abused? Laws you need to know about. Creating a drug and alcohol-free j... Learn More
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Managers Training Video ProgramAlcohol abuse and the use of illegal drugs has become a major problem in the workplace.... Learn More