Back In Action Training Video Program
Coastal's Back In Action Training Video Program
Follow six co-workers as they attempt to make an office documentary on the importance of back safety. Using a humorous approach, Back in Action seeks to engage viewers and keep the material fresh.
Help improve awareness and cultivate individual responsibility when it comes to back safety issues in general industry. This program covers basic anatomy of the back, warning signs of potential injury, risk factors, and most importantly, preventative measures.
Show your employees how proper lifting techniques and a pro-active health regimen can go a long way toward maintaining a properly aligned spine, a strong core and better quality of life. In turn, these could help reduce costs in the future to individuals and your organization.
- Back injuries can cost businesses more than $12 billion annually in direct costs. (Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index)
- Three out of four injuries to the lower back occur while lifting. (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- More than one million workers nationwide suffer back injuries each year. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Anatomy of the Back:
- The back is comprised of 33 bones called vertebrae. In between each vertebra is a disc. A disc is like a jelly doughnut, tough on the outside and soft on the inside and acts like a hydraulic shock absorber.
- The structure of the bones and discs is designed to be both strong and flexible.
- The spinal cord carries messages from our brain to our muscles. In its neutral position, your spinal cord is curved like an "S". It is important to maintain this S-curve when lifting, sitting, or standing.
When it comes to your back, pain is not gain. Pain is a warning sign and should be heeded. Examples include:
- Pain when attempting to assume normal posture
- Pain when standing or rising from a seated position
- Recurrent pain
- Limited range of motion.
Risk factors are behaviors and individual variables that put you at risk for back injury. Examples include:
- Frequent repetitive movements
- Awkward positions like twisting or bending while lifting
- Pulling instead of pushing a load
- Overall physical fitness.
Use proper techniques (lifting, sitting, loading). Size up your load. If it's too big, see if you can break it down. Survey your route. Keep your work area free of clutter and all pathways clear. In addition -- good nutrition, overall physical fitness, and stretching exercises can affect the health and mobility of your spine.
An incident with your back could have an effect on wages, family time, and quality of life. By understanding the way your back works and the risks and warning signs associated with injury, you can 'take back' your back and stay in action.
- SKU: BAK008-DVD-ESP
- Format: DVD
- Language: English, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Length: 20 minutes
Optional Network licensing also available to download the video to your system.
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS or ours (SafetySoft).
Our Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.