1. A crane collapse in New York City killed one person and injured three others, according to the New York City Fire Department. Two of the injuries were considered serious and the other minor, officials said.
2. Emergency workers converge at the scene of a collapsed crane in a roadway in lower Manhattan the morning of Feb. 5 in New York City. The accident killed at least one person and injured three others, according to the New York City Fire Department.
3. The collapsed crane sits in a roadway in lower Manhattan Feb. 5 in New York City.
4. FDNY Chief of Department James E. Leonard briefs Mayor New York Mayor Bill de Blasio on the scene of the crane collapse in TriBeCa.
5. The crane collapse occurred as the machine was being lowered by crane operator, Galasso Trucking Inc., due to wind concerns.
Related Crane Safety Training DVDs:
Crane Safety Training Video DVD
Points out to employees that over 90% of crane-related accidents are caused by human error and that they are the key to preventing these incidents. View Product
Crane Safety in Construction
Covers: Recent changes in the OSHA regulations, operator certification, equipment inspection, general and operational safety devices, general operating procedures. View Product
Crane Inspections Training Video & DVD
To stay alive and keep your employees safe, you need to make sure your crane is ready to do the job – and the best way to do that is with a crane inspection. View Product