- Regulations covered: 29 CFR Section 1910.178(l)
- Topics covered by Forklift Operator Safety include:
- General safety
- Load handling
- Fuel/battery maintenance
- Specialized units
- And more
- Helps you satisfy OSHA's requirements for providing refresher or remedial training based on unsafe operation, an accident, incident, near miss, or deficiency found during periodic evaluations
- Intended Audience: Anyone charged with operating a powered industrial truck -- tow motor, fork lift, etc.
- Length: Approximately 1-1/2 hours
This all-in-one training program makes it easy to train your forklift operators and meet OSHA's "formal instruction" training requirements. It covers safety topics that are critical to avoiding accidents and injuries, including general safety, pre-operation, operation, load handling, fuel/battery maintenance, and specialized units.
Note: You will receive login information for your Interactive Online Training order within 24 hours, Monday - Thursday. Orders placed on Friday after 1:00 PM Central will be processed on the next business day.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 17 and higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of Flash. We do NOT support iPad/iPhone/Android-based tablets and devices at this time.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection.
After completing this course, employees will be able to:
- Perform a pre-operation forklift inspection
- Drive a forklift
- Lift and place a load
- Work inside a truck, trailer, or rail car
- Park and leave a forklift
- Refuel a forklift.
- Explain the following concepts:
- How the forklift differs from other vehicles
- The basics of the stability triangle
- The special features of motorized hand trucks and high lift units
- The guidelines for conducting regular maintenance on the forklift
- The guidelines for recording forklift modifications
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller'sTraining On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points
View the Forklift Refresher DVD HERE