Flatbed Truck Safety
Best Selling DVDsView All
Flatbed Truck Safety
We're open 8:30 - 5:00 E.S.T. M-F 1-800-975-7640
About Flatbed Truck Safety
When it comes to the operation of equipment such as flatbed trucks, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) contain a number of strict requirements that deal directly with safe operation and, in particular, safe cargo securement of flatbed trucks (FMCSR §392.9 and 393, Subpart I). In addition, unlike a tractor-trailer truck or tanker truck, a flatbed truck has an open flatbed that is directly mounted on a truck chassis. Should the cargo not be loaded correctly, the very nature of an exposed cargo situation can create serious accidents leading to injury and possibly death. However, we are offering a comprehensive training video that will give you the freedom to train existing and new employees whenever you have the need to. The topic covered in our Flatbed Cargo Securement Training Video Include:
- Regulations concerning securement requirements for the most common types of cargo that would be transported by flatbed trucks.
- The complete set of requirements stipulated by FMCSR §392.9 and 393, Subpart I.
- The relationship between Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) and cargo securement.
- Indirect and Direct tiedown methods. (FMCSR 393.106)
- Cargo inspection, loading and securement for pre-trip and en route.
- Understanding why it can be advantageous to use more than the minimum number of tiedowns that are required by regulation. (related to FMCSR 393.108)
Like our other training video packages, this training video also offers extras. In this case, handbooks, 3-D animations for greater technique illustration along with closed-captioning for the hearing impaired. For companies that wish to complete their training program for mandatory federal safety regulations, as they pertain to cargo securement, this is the program that covers it all! Just select the program and place your order. And please feel free to contact us for any questions that you may have.