- Program addresses the requirements of 49 CFR Section 392.9 and Part 393, Subpart I
- Covers key topics, including:
- Pre-trip and en route responsibilities related to cargo loading, cargo inspection, and cargo securement
- Differences between direct tiedown and indirect tiedown methods
- How each method affects the number of tiedowns required
- Restraining capacity of tiedown devices, how to determine them, and how they affect cargo securement
- Determining the minimum number of tiedowns required for loads, and know why it often makes sense to go above and beyond the minimum requirements
- Proper cargo securement techniques
- How cargo securement and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) are related
- Securement requirements for several common types of cargo typically hauled by flatbeds
- Program includes multiple 3-D animations to illustrate proper cargo securement techniques
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
19071 (274-DVD) - DVD Training - Cargo Securement FLATBEDS - DVD Training Program
ISBN : 978-1-61099-186-5
- (1) 25-Minute Video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features), the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Product Code: 19075 (474-H) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most out of each training session.
- (1) Driver Training Packet - Product Code: 19072 (274-KEP) - Includes:
- Cargo Securement Flatbeds Driver Handbook, - Product Code: 19076 (475-H) - which parallels the key concepts reviewed on the DVD. Includes a driver receipt page and quiz.
- Cargo Securement Handbook for Drivers, - Product Code: 10220 (445-H) - a handy field guide and reference for commercial drivers
- Cargo Securement Sliding Calculator, - Product Code: 11700 (445-R -S) - to help your drivers determine the minimum number of tiedowns needed based on the weight and placement of their loads
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 19073 (274-K -P) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind drivers that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - features two PowerPoint® presentations that can be used as is or customized. Also includes problem solving exercises, quizzes, answer keys, clip art, posters, and a training log. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program -– Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – (access to chapters by topic)
- Introduction – Explains that cargo securement is an important part of a professional driver’s job and why drivers must not operate a CMV if the load isn’t properly secured.
- The Regulations – Stresses the importance of following federal cargo securement regulations and how compliance is a shared responsibility between the driver and motor carrier. Also emphasizes how violations can affect the safety scores of both drivers and their companies under the CSA enforcement program.
- Pre-Trip Planning – Covers the concepts drivers need to understand in order to determine how many and what types of tiedowns are needed to secure their loads. Includes discussions on the working limit and aggregate working limit; direct and indirect tiedowns; and the use of headerboards or bulkheads.
- Pre-Trip Responsibilities – Reviews regulations and best practices for:
- Inspecting the flatbed deck and tiedown devices prior to loading
- Weight distribution and cargo size considerations
- Personal safety during loading, securement, and tarping processes
- The use of edge protection and rub rails
- Safely conducting en route inspections
- Summary – Provides a recap of the basic requirements professional drivers need to know and follow to properly secure loads on flatbed trailers.
- Common Commodity Types
- Lumber & Building Materials – Special requirements when hauling lumber, such as loading it side by side or what to do when there’s more than one tier to load.
- Metal Coils – Special requirements when hauling metal coils, such as securing each coil individually, and how, to prevent any movement.
- Concrete Pipe – Special requirements when hauling concrete pipe, such as determining how to secure it depending on its length and diameter.
- Heavy Equipment – Special requirements when hauling heavy equipment, such as what to do with accessories, wheels and tracks to prevent movement in transit.
- Logs – Special requirements when hauling logs, such as using a special vehicle built or adapted specifically for the transportation of logs.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Scenarios – Interactive scenarios to promote discussion
- Note to Trainers – Gives introduction to the topic and the training program. For trainers and management.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
What's In The Box
- (1) 25 Minute Training DVD
- (1) Instructors Guide
- (1) Driver Training Packet
- (1) Awareness Poster
- Customizable Powerpoint Presentation (On CD-ROM)
- Problem Solving Exercises (On CD-ROM)
- Quizzes (On CD-ROM)
- Answer Keys (On CD-ROM)
- Clip Art (On CD-ROM)
- Posters (On CD-ROM)
- Training Log (On CD-ROM)
Shipping and Returns
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.