OSHA’s regulation 29 CFR 1910.1101... "Occupational Exposure to Asbestos" requires that all employees who could come into contact with materials that might contain asbestos be given appropriate training on working safely in these situations. Employees are divided into four classes. Classes I - III are employees whose work involves "installing" or "disturbing" materials that might contain asbestos. However, the largest group of employees covered by this regulation fall into the Class IV group, which involves employees that get involved in... "maintenance and custodial activities to clean up waste and debris containing these type of materials."
Since many materials commonly used in buildings for many years (including ceiling tiles, vinyl flooring, and wall and pipe insulation) contain asbestos, this means that the regulation applies to virtually every custodial, janitorial and maintenance worker in the country.
Atlantic Training's Asbestos Training Video and Awareness program has been created specifically to educate employees about the dangers of working with materials that may contain asbestos. Topics covered in these products include:
- Hazards of asbestos.
- OSHA's Asbestos Standard.
- Composition and nature of asbestos.
- Types of materials that may contain asbestos, and where they are encountered.
- How to protect yourself when disturbing a material that may contain asbestos.
- Air monitoring and decontamination.
- (2) Training DVDs - (1) in English and (1) in Spanish Closed Captioned DVD with digital trainer tools for each.
- (1) Year of Updates: In the event there are any changes made to the products in the course of 1 year from purchase, we will provide you with the updated material ensuring your are always OSHA compliant and have the latest content.
- (10) Streaming Accesses - 10 Free accesses to hundreds of training programs. This includes streaming access to the English and Spanish versions of this course, as well as all included downloadable written materials: (Quiz, test, leaders guide and more) from anywhere you have internet access including mobile devices.
- (1) Trainer Tools - A comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
Optional Network license also available. These annual licenses allow you to digitize the DVD program/written materials and place onto your local network so that it can be viewed by various departments without having to pass around a DVD. Pricing is based upon the title(s) chose and the estimated employees trained per year. For more information please contact us at 1-800-975-7640
Online Interactive Training Also Available. For more information visit our online training page or call 1-800-975-7640
Have your own LMS? We offer this course in SCORM compatible format so that you can plug the title into your own LMS. View our SCORM page for more details.
Why Asbestos is known as a "silent killer".
Understanding the special characteristics of Asbestos.
How Asbestos is a hazardous material.
How to limit Asbestos exposure.
The details listed in an Asbestos Management Plan and where to find it.
Why it's important to keep track of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) and where they can usually be found.
When to inspect ACMs and how to record their condition.
How to avoid exposure by not disturbing (as specified by OSHA) asbestos-containing materials.
How to correctly strip a floor using only "Wet Methods".
Wearing the proper PPE and protective clothing when working with Asbestos.
Using caution when handling Asbestos waste.
How to decontaminate after working with Asbestos.
How "Air Monitoring" may be required to measure airborne Asbestos.
How taking the correct precaution can protect those in your facility from Asbestos exposure.
What's In The Box
- (1) Training DVD in ENGLISH
- (1) Training DVD in SPANISH
- (1 year of FREE Updates: OSHA Compliance
- (10) Free accesses to streaming library WAVE
- Digital: Scheduling Form, Attendance Form, Employee Quiz, Training Certificate, Log, Wallet Cards (printable)
Shipping and Returns
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.