Workplace Violence Online Training Course
Preventing Workplace Violence is an online training course that was specifically created to address issues of violence in the workplace. Employees will better understand the causes of violence and the OSHA-approved steps to take to stop it. Topics covered include OSHA’s general duty clause, commercial crime, outside threats, escalation.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the warning signs of violence.
- Report incidents according to OSHA guidelines involving threats, intimidation, and aggressive behavior.
- Resolve conflicts in the workplace peacefully.
- When to walk away from a situation that cannot be resolved reasonably.
- What to do when you are confronted with violence.
- Recognize that many incidents can stem from simple misunderstandings.
- An overview of violence, including a breakdown of statistics on the most common types of violence.
- The real problems that arise from workplace violence and the lasting effects.
- Violence in the Workplace
- The requirements for workplaces outlined by OSHA’s General Duty Clause.
- Definitions of violence and the forms it can take in a workplace.
- A review of Commercial Crime and findings of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- The three basic motives for aggressive and violent behavior.
- Warning signs of potentially violent behavior like Mood Swings, Emotional Outbursts, and more.
- How to distinguish between troubling changes in behavior and just a few “bad days”.
- The three kinds of threats: Direct, Conditional, Hidden.
- Sexual harassment as a form of violence.
- Dealing with Violence
- Identifying escalation and how it leads to physical violence.
- Why people are reluctant to report incidents.
- How to properly report incidents according to OSHA guidelines.
- What to do if you are confronted by an aggressive person.
- The importance of reporting all types of threats.
- The serious consequences of a physical fight.
- How to disengage from physical violence.
- What to do when faced with an armed assault.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.