Workplace Stress Online Training Course
Workplace Stress is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA recommendations for handling stress in the workplace. Topics covered include positive stress, negative stress, deep breathing, stress overload, and working with others.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Be more aware of stress-causing situations.
- Eliminate situations that cause excess stress.
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Maintain a more positive attitude and lifestyle.
- The forms of stress people encounter everyday.
- The effects of stress, such as adrenaline, tense muscles, perspiration, rising blood pressure, etc.
- The differences between Positive Stress and Negative Stress.
- Negative Stress
- Adverse effects caused by negative stress, including migraines, ulcers, high blood pressure, and more.
- Tips to limit stress-causing situations simply by changing your schedule and focusing on time management.
- Coping with Stress
- Limiting change and how to accept things you can’t control.
- What to do when stress has reached an unmanageable level and simple techniques for dealing them.
- Relaxation exercises and techniques like Deep Breathing, which will help you daily to cope with stress.
- How to use Positive Visualization to calm yourself down.
- The practice of Autogenics and how to use it to relax your body.
- The benefits of certain stretching exercises to help avoid Stress Overload.
- How to maintain a more positive physical lifestyle with aerobic exercise and a healthy diet.
- Positive thinking and how it helps build confidence for numerous situations.
- Developing action plans to help you tackle tasks with efficiency.
- Strategies for working better with others both in the workplace and at home.
- When to seek professional counseling and the ways that it can help you with your stress.